Spray Tan - wet - why???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozpot

Reaction score
Hi All,
I did a tan last night and it went on wet, I use Tantrick minimist BTW. When I say wet I mean wet, proper wet patchs of dark brown solution in creases and also on areas of skin like the thighs ARGH!!!!!
I had the nozzle turned left quite a way so the mist was minimal but it still went on quite wet, could this be the heat or am I too close? I can't seem to get it 100% right. The tans turn out ok, the excess on the wet patches showers off the next day ok leaving an even colour however for my own personal preference I would like to send the client away wthout having to explain that the patches won't stay etc.
Can anyone offer any advice as I am doing another tonight and got two brides at the end of the month and I will be mortified if I bugger up their tans for their big day!!!
Thanks

it def sounds like too much "paint" was coming out. Have you tried turning the dial all the way back to shut, then just turning it a tiny bit. I know it sounds obvious but I know when I wash my gun through, I turn it to completly open to get the water through, and have not turned it all the way back and wondered why so much solution was coming through!

I find that you sometimes get these wet areas for various reasons- heat, too much solution being sprayed, too much being sprayed in one spot or not moving the gun quick enough. I have been spraying since April and still find that every now and again I get these wet areas. I have now pin pointed it down to me not always turning the gun down or not moving quick enough. If I notice the wet patches I stop and turn the gun down slightly and then carry on. I think you will have to look at the things that you may have done with this spray to get wet patches and the things that you have done when you did'nt get wet patches (if this makes sense) just to work out what gave you these wet patches. :)

Hi All,
I did a tan last night and it went on wet, I use Tantrick minimist BTW. When I say wet I mean wet, proper wet patchs of dark brown solution in creases and also on areas of skin like the thighs ARGH!!!!!
I had the nozzle turned left quite a way so the mist was minimal but it still went on quite wet, could this be the heat or am I too close? I can't seem to get it 100% right. The tans turn out ok, the excess on the wet patches showers off the next day ok leaving an even colour however for my own personal preference I would like to send the client away wthout having to explain that the patches won't stay etc.
Can anyone offer any advice as I am doing another tonight and got two brides at the end of the month and I will be mortified if I bugger up their tans for their big day!!!
Thanks

Hi Lorraine

How long have you been doing spray tans for - are you doing anything different that usual.

When I did my training we wer told that wet patches were either due to spraying too slow or overspraying a particular area.

As long as you dab the wet area with a towel the tan should be ok.

Sounds like you are spraying too close or the dial needs turning to the right to slow down the flow. I always test mine on couch roll or kitchen roll before I start to make sure the flow is right. xx:hug:

How do you test on couch roll or kitchen without it blowing away with the air?

Put gloves,on hold couch roll in one hand and spray with other to test the flow. Was shown in training xx

I have found that in this heat my tans are spraying much wetter than normal, even with the tc3 machine and the gun turned down. I just go back over with air and blow dry it!

Now I follow with the couch roll test, thanks for that. Wasnt shown that way on my training. Thats what is so interesting with different training, we are all given different tips and advice and then we can share them here!!!. Great:)

I also go back over and dry the clients if it comes out too wet. Now the weather has cooled down it has got easier to spray again but a couple of weeks ago when it was really hot was a nightmare!! Also because people are sweating more as well.:lol:

Thanks for the advice everyone, i sprayed a bit further away last night - not quite as close - as moved a bit quicker and seems to have done the trick, did have a couple of wet patches but I think thats cos I was over cautious and going a bit too slow. Tan looked great! customer v v happy.
For those that asked did my training in March with Stuart from Tantrick, training was brill but I haven't done a huge amount of tans lately so just losta bit of confidence with it I think.

Do you have a little towel/flannel nearby if you do get too much on an area? I just dab it off gently. It doesn't affect the tan. I think this weather is terrible for tanning, tans aren't drying as good. hths xx

Latest posts

Back