Spray tan -which order?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smartie78

Reaction score
Help please!!
I only got my spraytan diploma last week. I havent done my 1st one yet (except a practice on hubby, lol!) And im unsure which order to do.it. Amam so nervous i have got myself a bit worked up. I was trained, starting with face, then down the front, side, other side, then back. But someone said wen they have one, their therapist starts with their back so i im doing it wrong!! The arms worry me.most!!please help.:eek:

Help please!!
I only got my spraytan diploma last week. I havent done my 1st one yet (except a practice on hubby, lol!) And im unsure which order to do.it. Amam so nervous i have got myself a bit worked up. I was trained, starting with face, then down the front, side, other side, then back. But someone said wen they have one, their therapist starts with their back so i im doing it wrong!! The arms worry me.most!!please help.:eek:

I'm trained with st tropez and this is the way I do it;
Start face
Sides
Back
Hands
Feet
Then repeat with second application, both applications are very light as the solution dries quickly x

I start at the back..

Down back of arms
Down back
X on back of neck
Down back of legs

Turn to the side..
Lift arm up and one leg forward
Spray down side of body
Spray legs
Ask to lung forward..
Spray inner leg

Turn to the other side..
Repeat above

Face front..
Down arms
Stretch neck X shape spray
Down chest and belly
Front of legs
Light swirl on feet
Claw shape hands - light swirl

Face:
Spray down front
Turn face spray side and diagonal down side of neck
Turn face again and repeat

Hope this helps but everyone has their own way of doing it, don't panic as long as you cover everything I'm sure you'll be fine x

Felicity xx

Dont panic everyone has their own routine aslong as you have full coverage. I personally start on back xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Everyone has their own routine as long as you cover everything you will be fine ,
I start from top to bottom so

Front of face
Sides of face and neck
Front of neck
Over the shoulders
Arms and torso from left to right
Front of legs
Sides of arms and whole body with clients arm stretched up and legs spread and then repeat the other side
Back of neck
Over the back of shoulders
Down the whole back of body from top to bottom
Then repeat all of this again and the spray hands and feet with a light spray last
X

Everyone has their own routine as long as you cover everything you will be fine ,
I start from top to bottom so

Front of face
Sides of face and neck
Front of neck
Over the shoulders
Arms and torso from left to right
Front of legs
Sides of arms and whole body with clients arm stretched up and legs spread and then repeat the other side
Back of neck
Over the back of shoulders
Down the whole back of body from top to bottom
Then repeat all of this again and the spray hands and feet with a light spray last
X

Can I ask why you repeat it all again? Why do you double spray? x

Felicity xx

As said there is no right or wrong, you may even adapt your own routine.

Just try to make it simple for the client, so they arent all over the place ;)
& for yourself to remember.

Xx

Thanks so much everyone. Been such a help.

Don't panic! I do back, side, side, front then I lightly spray all over again to check I've covered everywhere. When you've sprayed a few you will do it your own way. I just try and keep it simple with not too many awkward positions. Basically get them to keep their hands out of the way and cover all areas! I always use sticky feet and always barrier cream feet, knees, hands and elbows.

We have a poster that all our trainees get with there kits, its like a paint by numbers guide to ensure they don't miss anywhere to hang in there treatment rooms … we've got 1000s of them knocking about upstairs. if you want one speak to the Sarah the despatch slave :smack::smack: she will kill me
Nouvatan Spray Tan Solutions, Accessories and Equipment Suppliers

Please could I have a poster? I've done spray tanning as part of my beauty course and the way I have been taught seems very confusing compared to tutorials I've watched on you tube x

I do

Back
Side
Side
Front
Arms
Face
Then check all over.

Everyone adapts to their own way of doing it as you can tell, so aslong as the client is fully covered it doesn't matter x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

We have a poster that all our trainees get with there kits, its like a paint by numbers guide to ensure they don't miss anywhere to hang in there treatment rooms … we've got 1000s of them knocking about upstairs. if you want one speak to the Sarah the despatch slave :smack::smack: she will kill me
I have been dragged over hot coals.whipped. and i am well and truly in the doghouse for this post :irked: I had a few glasses of vino last night and this was meant to be a PM to the OP. not posted on the open forum.... DOH !!!
The phones gone mad today with people who don't even use Nouvatan asking for posters
Sarahs fuming at me calling her the despatch Slave.
Dawns giving me a hard time because the posters are only given out to our trained customers :|
Colleen is nt happy with me because we don't have many poster rolls left and the cost of postage etc
Harry the dog is ok with me though.. I gave him half my sausage sandwich and we are sharing the space in the dog house.
However.. if any existing customer do want a poster with there next order. ask Sarah our wonderful Tallented office manager to include one in your next order.
once again sorry x x x

Hi,
Check this out - it is from Nouvatan - hope they don't mind me sharing but it was on Facebook - simple and logical routine - on a man - bonus lol x
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150181777106496
Thats Our son Luke in the video... He has 2 regrets in his life he was on hols in Majorca and ended up on telly doing Geordie shores in Magaluff and pulled one of the girls who are on the show... And the other is this video really haunts him LOL

LOVE nouvatan!!!! Best tan ever. Must get a poster when I'm finally in my premises.

Oh dear, I didn't get one when I did my training recently. There were pictures in the training manual though.

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was taught to do side to side rather than up and down movements! Looking at all the YouTube videos everyone seems to use up and down movements yet our tutors said this could cause a stripey tan!
Not got my kit yet but it's on order.

I do front first, right hand side, back, left hand side then face, hands and feet

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was taught to do side to side rather than up and down movements! Looking at all the YouTube videos everyone seems to use up and down movements yet our tutors said this could cause a stripey tan!
Not got my kit yet but it's on order.

My friend was taught side to side, I was taught to spray down. I tried the way she was taught and I found myself wasting solution as more was sprayed away from the body as the gun went sideways (hope that makes sense lol) i feel like I have a lot more control doing down movements. I only tend to do "up and down" when spraying men with body hair x

Felicity xx

Latest posts

Back