Spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm really considering getting a spray tan machine and a pop up tent to use in my salon. However I'm worried about the overspray and the salon getting covered in a fine mist. Should I just stick to hand application?
Any advice?
Also what brand is everyone using? I'm currently looking into morrocan tan
Thanks in advance..

Hi, I've just done my training with Moroccan Tan and I've got to say it's absolutely amazing!
It's enriched with argan oil. I had a spray done on Saturday I've never felt so smooth! I forgot to moisturise until this morning but still feel really soft not patchy or scaly like I have with other brands, the colour is amazing I had a 12% and it's a dark brown not even a hint of orange it looks so natural it dosnt have the obvious spray tan look. Xx

Oh that's fab thanks. Did it have a lot of over spray? Xx

The tent was pretty grubby after but the tent was a Moroccan tan one and huge so any over spray was inside the tent. I will be doing mobile so will be buying a mini extractor think it's probably worth it if your doing them pretty regularly xx

That's great thanks for the advice. Will probably go for it :)
Ive done spray tanning before, do you think course is worth going on?? Xx

Depends on how confident you are I would guess, I thought the training as great, really good after care it was definitely worth every penny, I thought it was great value and you get a kit included in the price. My trainer was absolutely lovely, I was really nervous and she was so warm and welcoming. But if you don't want the training get some samples from them as the product is amazing!

It's hard to stop the mist going every where I literally buy plastic sheets and cover everything but the walls are paper so everything has to get wiped down straight after xxx

It's hard to stop the mist going every where I literally buy plastic sheets and cover everything but the walls are paper so everything has to get wiped down straight after xxx
I use an extractor fan. Thetanningstore.com has a really nice one on sale right now for 99.00$ or you can buy the fan and tent for 129.00$. I love my extractor fan. I never have an over spray mess. I also use Sjolie solutions and retail products. Their customer service is awesome! Hope this helps!!

Thanks guys for the advice. I've ordered morrancan tan and waiting for the delivery today :) Will probably end up getting an extractor fan. Thanks again really appreciate it xxx

If you are getting a noticeable mist or your tent looks "grubby" after a single tan you have your gun on the wrong settings. You need to turn it down! With or without extractor your tan shouldn't show up overspray visabley till you've done a few! Xx

Ok thanks. Just set it all up and will be offering spray tans from tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get a brown salon!! Haha xxx happy tanning :)

I use an extractor fan. Thetanningstore.com has a really nice one on sale right now for 99.00$ or you can buy the fan and tent for 129.00$. I love my extractor fan. I never have an over spray mess. I also use Sjolie solutions and retail products. Their customer service is awesome! Hope this helps!!
Brilliant.... thankyou I will try it out cause it's the most frustrating thing I dread tans booking in xxx

I use Moroccan tan [emoji119] love it!

I think over spray is down to technique, so people like to spray there client about 3 times to 'make sure they're got everywhere' this is firstly a waste of product £££ and you're time and also creates over spray!!

If you spray your clients perfectly the first time then there's no over spray!

Also if you're going to be doing a fair few tans I'd recommend and extractor. They're about £200 but worth it in the long run. You're better getting one now and using It from the first tan you do than in 2/3 months time when your salons green from overspray [emoji85]

Thanks for the advice [emoji108]xx

Latest posts

Back