Spray Tanning a Man

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meesh B

Reaction score
Hello

Just a quick one, whilst I am confident spray tanning ladies, I have my first male client tomorrow.

How does everyone find the colour guide when spraying a male who might have thick body hair? Does it show up as clearly and does a lot of the solution cling to the hairs? :irked:

Any advice/experience would be much appreciated!

Meesh x :lol:

I spray my nephew all the time and he is a hairy beast!
You can either spray air over after to blow the solution off the hairs or go from bottom to top. So if he has really hairy legs, start at the ankle and work upwards as the air from your gun will separate the hairs before the solution hits the leg.
You can still see the guide colour so don't worry about it!

Thanks Angelina, makes perfect sense!

Meesh x

I spray my nephew all the time and he is a hairy beast!
You can either spray air over after to blow the solution off the hairs or go from bottom to top. So if he has really hairy legs, start at the ankle and work upwards as the air from your gun will separate the hairs before the solution hits the leg.
You can still see the guide colour so don't worry about it!

I do it exactly the same and dab any areas with my mitt that are really hairy. It's not as hard as people think. I actually think its quicker to do hairy men xxx

Luckily he is my last client of the evening and so if I feel I need to take my time I can but I think once I get spraying I will be fine! Glad I packed my mit this morning just in case.

Thanks again :hug:

Luckily he is my last client of the evening and so if I feel I need to take my time I can but I think once I get spraying I will be fine! Glad I packed my mit this morning just in case.

Thanks again :hug:

It can seem a little weird if you are used to ladies because men usually are much broader. You will be fine huni I am sure you will do a great job xxx

I do the same also. I have never really had a problem with hairy men. Like kylie said i use a mitt on the really hairy areas to dab the excess. HTH XX

Latest posts

Back