Spray tanning and compressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betty Boo

Reaction score
Hi

I know there has been loads of threads on this and I have looked at them all, but now that spray tanning has been around a long time and lots of you offer it to you service I was just wondering;

1) Which tanning spray is the better
and
2) I have an iwata comp, do I save this for nail art and get a cheaper one for tanning or is it best to use the iwata one, if I do this I it means I will have to keep moving the comp into different rooms. Im only just going to offer these services after have the comp for a year

You may know, that you can add all sorts of 'bits' to your compressor so that you can run more than one airbrush off it.

I was in a situation once where we had 3 airbrushes running off the same compressor and we simply fed a long line from the compressor to the next room (through a little hole in the wall), so we did not have to ever move the compressor from its static position. Our compressor was a good one and it did store air in a tank inside it. It is worth getting a good one and it should suit all your needs.

Hiya,

The compressor you get should be a good one with quite a large tank that will store the compressed air!!! and that will fill up quite quickly and doesnt get too hot!!

You can run 2 or 3 hoses off a good comp, but the guns need to be different, i think the psi for airbrush nails through an airbrush pencil is about 25psi, which is far too high for spray tanning!! The gun should be set at about 7psi for spray tanni8ng and it is worth getting a goo9d one, preferably with a top feeder..............if you need any help regarding spray tanning pm me and i will see if i can help!!!
Amanda

Latest posts

Back