Spray tanning and insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharmalee_amie

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before but I have just changed insurance company and the terms and conditions for spray tanning are1. goggles be worn during the tanning process2. only employees fully trained in the use of the equipment carry out treatments3. the machine is operated in accordance with manufacturers guidelines4. all persons undergo a skin allergy test ('patch test') at least 24 hours prior to the commencement of the tanning process. You must refrain from providing any treatment to any customers showing an allergic reaction to the test5. You obtain a medical certificate, before treatment begins, from any person whoa. knows he or she suffers from skin allergies, high or low blood pressure or circulation disordersb. is in an advanced stage of pregnancyc. is taking prescribed medicine

I already patch test, but goggles??? Will there not be white patches??

Pregnancy yes already ask for doctors note, but loads of people take medication and have low and high blood pressure and it doesn't state what Medicine am I wrong in thinking these are a bit extreme???

Anyone else's opinion on this please?

Anyone please!?

The goggles bit :D:D:D.....sounds unworkable......
Who are you insured with?

I know it's strange! It's through Aviva business insurance, I found something called wink ease which are used for sunbeds but still think clients will end up with white rings

I would shop around and see what other insurers offer. Find out what their t&c's are and see if their underwriters would follow suit. X

I am insured with salon gold and my clients do not have to wear goggles! x x

Do salon gold insure stock and equipment please?

Do they mean the client or you? I wear goggles (more protective glasses then goggles) as a mobile tanner - I have one lady who wears tiny goggles but only to protect her false eyelashes and she has completely white eyes and a string mark at the side of her face!

Oh no! No they mean the client
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461676127.589920.jpg

I found these does anyone else use them?

I use Salon Gold for my insurance, they do not require eye goggles and they allow you to tan after 3 month in pregnancy too, and yes they do have the option to buy additional cover for products and equipment if you want it.

I use Salon Gold for my insurance, they do not require eye goggles and they allow you to tan after 3 month in pregnancy too, and yes they do have the option to buy additional cover for products and equipment if you want it.
Hi i was going to post a new thread asking this but ive read you posted before that your insurer allows you to patch test on the day if necessary. Is that salon gold then?

Latest posts

Back