Spray tanning and stretch marks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SerenityNailz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm over from nails and looking for some advice!

Since having my little girl 7.5 months ago my stretch marks are bothering me more and more and with summer on the horizon I'm even more determined to reduce their appearance!

I'm not talking about just a few stretch marks - I had gestational diabetes which went undetected and ended up giving birth to a 9lb 15oz baby and I'm only 5ft 5 and (pre birth) 9.5 stone so my belly is like a road map!

So - (apologies for digressing!) - would having a spray tan help to mask their appearance or make them stand out more? I've used god knows how much bio oil and other recommended products and they seem to have reached a point where they won't improve any further. Also are there any other products I can use to help reduce their appearance?

x

A tan will usually help to make stretch marks less noticable.

You need to come to terms with your baby scars and learn to accept them rather than hate them and want them gone.

They are the proof that you carried and gave birth to a wonderful child/children, you should try to be proud of them not be ashamed of them.

I understand it is hard but the fact is they are part of you and a permanent reminder of your child. I can't say I love my stretch marks to bits but I don't hate them, I accept that they are a part of me and they always make me think of my beautiful children (all 4 of them, so I too am covered in them lol).

A tan will usually help to make stretch marks less noticable.

You need to come to terms with your baby scars and learn to accept them rather than hate them and want them gone.

They are the proof that you carried and gave birth to a wonderful child/children, you should try to be proud of them not be ashamed of them.

I understand it is hard but the fact is they are part of you and a permanent reminder of your child. I can't say I love my stretch marks to bits but I don't hate them, I accept that they are a part of me and they always make me think of my beautiful children (all 4 of them, so I too am covered in them lol).

Thanks Baggybear - I have body dysmorphia and so find it hard to adopt the point of view you have described - would love to feel like that but I dont think thats going to happen so looking for ways to try and lessen their appearance in the hope it will help!

x x

It depends on the stretch marks. If they are quite old and are therefore white/silver in colour, then a tan can make them look more noticeable, as the skin darkens, but the stretch marks stay the same colour - hence standing out more.

If they are pink/purple and quite new, then a tan can help to hide them somewhat.
If you massage cream into the skin daily, Vitamin E and A are great for skin regeneration, this can help to reduce their appearance, but only if they are pink, as there is still blood circulating.
x

All my stretch marks are old (my eldest is 16 & my youngest is nearly 5) I don't find my silvery ones stand out when I have a tan I find they blend in and become less noticable.

Keep trying to see your childs happy face when you look at the stretch marks and this will hopefully help to stop you feeling so negative about them and help you to start feeling more positive about them.

I agree with baggybear, I have a near 19 year old and a near 21 year old and have loads of stretch marks, when I'm tanned whether real or fake they look loads better and I feel a lot more confident.

Latest posts

Back