spray tanning at earls court

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dales nails

Reaction score
i didnt go to earls court but im going to gmex.im verrrrrrry intrested in getting into spray tanning,and one of my main reasons to goin to gmex.my question is 4 everyone that was at earls court yesterday.what was your feeback from the spray tanning buisiness.were certain stands busy,best bargains,anybody purchase st equipment,etc any feedback from yesterday regarding spray tanning would be sooooooooooo appreciated

dales nails said:
i didnt go to earls court but im going to gmex.im verrrrrrry intrested in getting into spray tanning,and one of my main reasons to goin to gmex.my question is 4 everyone that was at earls court yesterday.what was your feeback from the spray tanning buisiness.were certain stands busy,best bargains,anybody purchase st equipment,etc any feedback from yesterday regarding spray tanning would be sooooooooooo appreciated
oh and was california tan there ??????????????

I didn't purchase any tanning products but did make use of their freebies:D

I had my face sprayed by sunspa. this morning i have a healthy glow and didn't need much make up(always a bonus) was quite impressed. My sister had a full body spray by fantasy tan. Yes she did get naked at earls court(well she had a bikini on)This morning she has a really lovely colour looks like she's had a good holiday. I know fantasy have a new portable compresser cos I was looking but purse strings wouldn't stretch for about £600.
hope this helps.
will keep you updated to fading, patchiness etc.

ok thanks 4 that.anybody else have any more feedback about the spray tanning from earls court.

Hi there

We went to Earls Court yesterday and had a look around all the spray tanning stands and were amazed at the variety of extraction booths, spraying systems, solutions and myths that are coming from them! There seems to be new ones every show including a company who was selling solution who wasn't even meeting the most basic legal requirements of including ingredient labels on it's bottles!

There is a lot of misunderstanding with many companies selling what they call HVLP systems when in fact they are compressor systems still spraying at 20psi whilst using a HVLP spray gun.

Whilst we appreciate there is and always will be competition between companies selling products in all markets, we do not appreciate that you, the customers, can easily fall into the trap of buying what you believe is one thing when actually it is not.

We at Tantrick will be compiling a buyers guide to systems and solutions in the near future to help people have the correct information when it comes to purchasing new products.

In the meantime, we are happy to come to you and demonstrate our systems and talk to anyone looking to purchase, we do not believe in pressure selling and always ensure that what you want is what you need.

I hope this information will be of use to you - we are working on it now and therefore it will be available in time for GMEX.

Kind regards

Mandy

i have been doing spray tans for 10 months now and its fab.

in the salon we use MAGICTAN and have the hand held spray and compressor, the colour is fantastic, gives a beautiful even coverage of very fine mist, have many retail items too that can be sold to clients to top up there new tans.
Have majority of interest just before people jet off on holiday, dont want to appear on the beach with white legs LOL.
Also weddings are a big seller for spray tan.
We offered half price mini pedicures after tan too, freshly painted toes just set off the tan even better.
MAGIC TAN as a company were great for training, they came to the salon to show us how the system worked and gave us one to one training on use and care of all equipment.
From the palest skin to the easily tanned skin the colour results are fab,no orange glow!!!!!!
if you need anymore info on them feel free to contact me, would be only to glad to help.
tracie x

Spray 2 Go said:
Hi there

We went to Earls Court yesterday and had a look around all the spray tanning stands and were amazed at the variety of extraction booths, spraying systems, solutions and myths that are coming from them! There seems to be new ones every show including a company who was selling solution who wasn't even meeting the most basic legal requirements of including ingredient labels on it's bottles!

There is a lot of misunderstanding with many companies selling what they call HVLP systems when in fact they are compressor systems still spraying at 20psi whilst using a HVLP spray gun.

Whilst we appreciate there is and always will be competition between companies selling products in all markets, we do not appreciate that you, the customers, can easily fall into the trap of buying what you believe is one thing when actually it is not.

We at Tantrick will be compiling a buyers guide to systems and solutions in the near future to help people have the correct information when it comes to purchasing new products.

In the meantime, we are happy to come to you and demonstrate our systems and talk to anyone looking to purchase, we do not believe in pressure selling and always ensure that what you want is what you need.

I hope this information will be of use to you - we are working on it now and therefore it will be available in time for GMEX.

Kind regards

Mandy

Hi there Mandy,

All I can say is, I use your system and solutions and it was one of the easiest to use and one of the most natural looking tans I have ever seen - I am so pleased with it. Will you and Stuart be at GMEX then? xx

Had a mooch around today - funnily enough it was NaturaSun that was the busiest stand. St Tropez and SuDo seemed dead as a dodo, in fact, half the people running those stands seemed to be watching the NaturaSun stand :D

I got a few samples and a bargain on a pop-up tent but there seemed to be a wide divide between the professional seeming tan stands and the cheaper looking ones, some of which the people didn't seem to know what they were talking about.

No sign of California Tan which was a big shame, I was hoping to stock up on some bargains.

Thanks Kate, I am so pleased to hear you are getting on well with your system, hope all is well.... x

We will be at GMEX on stand F82, it's going to be an exciting one...watch out for the special offers!!!!

Stuart and I will be there together with a few more of our growing team..... we will take great pleasure in introducing our new Sales Manager, Russ, who has recently joined us from Su-do....so please do come along and say hello and meet the Tantrick Team!

Regards
Mandy

Ive just bought the tantrick minimist system. im having my training tomorrow. I did my first tan on my cousin last week, and she said it came out perfect. she had a wedding to go to a couple of days later and she said how many compliments she had got!!!

Katelisa said:
Ive just bought the tantrick minimist system. im having my training tomorrow. I did my first tan on my cousin last week, and she said it came out perfect. she had a wedding to go to a couple of days later and she said how many compliments she had got!!!

Hi Kate,
Bet me to it I was about to ask if anyone used the Minimist system as I am really interested in it. It sounds fab! ~ did you pay for your training seperatley?
MTIA
KxXx

yeah im paying for the training seperately. ive had the minimist on 12 months intrest free. Even though i actually had the money to buy it (for a change) it means i can use the money for summat else now!! like going out, or a PSP (y'know, the new handhels playstations, lol)!!!

its about £75 first payment then £38.summat for 11 months after. Its so fab!!! Really compact aswell, so i can store it in my dinky salon space!!!

Katelisa said:
yeah im paying for the training seperately. ive had the minimist on 12 months intrest free. Even though i actually had the money to buy it (for a change) it means i can use the money for summat else now!! like going out, or a PSP (y'know, the new handhels playstations, lol)!!!

its about £75 first payment then £38.summat for 11 months after. Its so fab!!! Really compact aswell, so i can store it in my dinky salon space!!!

Thanks Babes - sounds exactley what I am after. I offer St Tropez Auto Bronzant at the mo. but it takes me just over a hour and have had a couple of clients asking about Spray Tanning as folks are in such a hurry nowadays!
Loving the interest free bit too!
KxXx

Definately worth it!!!! Ive never been interested in spray tanning untill i discovered tantrick.

and just think, you only have to do 2 spray tans (at £20 each!!) a month to cover your initial costs!!! im hoping that coming up to the festive season im gonna get loads of tans in. im doing inch loss body wraps now too, so they can "Tone and Tan" with me!!! hehe.

That sounds fab Kate - I would be booking a course if I was closer! I meant to ask how you were getting on with the wraps I remember you going to do the training. Are you getting good results? How long does the treatment take?

Almost forgot ~ do you need a cubicle thingie for tanning?

Sorry I am an inquisitive (nosey :D ) Geek!

Well having watched a lot of the demos yesterday, and managing not to trip over my boyfriends tongue hanging out, I can only say how glad that I chose the Tantrick HVLP system - the overspray from some of those systems is UNREAL I just couldn't believe it!

I know what u mean Sas!! I went into my old salon to find they STILL have to mop the walls in the tanning area!! lol.

Im not going to get a booth untill i do alot of tanning, cuz if im only doing one or two a day it doesnt really get anywhere.

...The body wrapping is fab!!!

Its taking me just under 2 hrs at the moment, but my bandaging will get quicker as i do more!! its like 35-40 mins to measure the client and apply the cream and bandage them up. then they have to chill for an hour. then you take the bandages off and measure them again.

I did my first one on the hairdresser last week and she lost 13.5 inches!!
2.5" off her waist, 1" off her hips, thighs, knees, arms, erm, half inch off her ankles, cant remember the rest!!

Sassy Hassy said:
Well having watched a lot of the demos yesterday, and managing not to trip over my boyfriends tongue hanging out, I can only say how glad that I chose the Tantrick HVLP system - the overspray from some of those systems is UNREAL I just couldn't believe it!
thanks guys,tantrick is on my list of def spray tans to look into,the only other one im also looking into is california tan.has anyone had any experience with california tan,im looking at having demos with both of these companys but just looking at extra feedback that people have of both of these systems after working with them for a while.your comments would be greatly received.

Sassy Hassy said:

I totally agree on that - I'm glad I picked that one too, there is practically no overspray from it. I am so pleased with it, as are my clients! xx

Do you think (for those that know) that Tantrick gives a more even and maybe a little darker shade of tan to St Tropez? Can the two be compared?

Latest posts

Back