Spray tanning at home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chwilliams1111

Reaction score
Hi, I am doing a sienna x spray tan course in a few weeks. I have a room at the side of my house to do the tanning. It is currently empty, what would you recommend I need in the room? I have already been sent the booth etc. But need to make the room warm and inviting, do I need a mirror on the wall?! Bed/sofa to put clients clothes on?! Screen up for them to change behind etc? Any advise would be much appreciated as I am new to this!

Hi, I am doing a sienna x spray tan course in a few weeks. I have a room at the side of my house to do the tanning. It is currently empty, what would you recommend I need in the room? I have already been sent the booth etc. But need to make the room warm and inviting, do I need a mirror on the wall?! Bed/sofa to put clients clothes on?! Screen up for them to change behind etc? Any advise would be much appreciated as I am new to this!

Have a little run through with someone as your guest and think about what you will need. It sounds like you are already thinking all the right things to get you there.

Then run through again with you as a client and see what you notice. I do this every now and then so I can see dirt and mess and decor in their eyes.

Great thank you very much for getting back to me :)

I wouldn't put any white furniture in the room! The gradual build up of overspray will soon show. If you can screen off an area for clients to change behind, with maybe a chair, mirror and wall hooks with hangers on that would be nice. Also try and keep any shelving with retail items or dust,as as far away from the tanning area as you can as well. Good directional lighting would be helpful too (again, probably not white)

My spray tan room has a large shower tray with tiled walls around and the other walls are painted in a sort of latte/cappuccino type colour (wipe clean) so overspray isn't noticeable. I don't have a proper extractor system but I do have a bathroom style extractor as there's an outside wall.

Great thank you so much that is really helpful, some more bits to add to the list :)

hello me again might sound like a silly question! The spray tan room is quite big and connected to my house, would you leave the client in there to get undressed etc or would you busy yourself in the room while they’re undressing so they’re not left on their own waiting and naked lol

If you have a screen to protect the client's modesty then I would probably stay in the room. Little point in having a screen otherwise. What you must avoid (and it is fairly obvious from your post that you already understand this) is being open to the charge that you might be watching them undress.

If you get other replys saying the opposite, there is no harm in asking the client if they would like you to leave the room whilst they undress. I would be suprised if any said yes but you would have your answer straight from the horse's mouth.

I think a screened off area for clients to change in would be perfectly fine too.

I used to leave the room but now just ask them to undress, whilst I busy myself filling the gun with solution.
I then get them to apply moisturiser if needed and step onto sticky feet and into the tent with their back to me.

Latest posts

Back