Spray Tanning Booth Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettypaws

Reaction score
I'm thinking of introducing spray tanning into my home based salon. I would like to purchase a plastic tanning tent but not sure where to put it in the house. Does the spray go everywhere around the room as well as inside the tent? A friend of mine says her does. I'm worried about ruining everything in the bedroom. I'd used the bathroom but its not tiled all up the walls anyway. Any advice please would be appreciated.

Nikki
x:confused:

I'm thinking of introducing spray tanning into my home based salon. I would like to purchase a plastic tanning tent but not sure where to put it in the house. Does the spray go everywhere around the room as well as inside the tent? A friend of mine says her does. I'm worried about ruining everything in the bedroom. I'd used the bathroom but its not tiled all up the walls anyway. Any advice please would be appreciated.

Nikki
x:confused:

I have a spray tan tent for sale:green: on geekbay.

I found if you are using an AIRBRUSH you get much more overspray than if you were to use a HVLP machine.

DO you know what your machine is??

I have a spray tan tent for sale:green: on geekbay.

I found if you are using an AIRBRUSH you get much more overspray than if you were to use a HVLP machine.

DO you know what your machine is??

Are you not doing your tanning anymore?

xx

I was thinking of getting Tantrick Minimist as the system has such a good reputation but I am really concerned about overspray. Where do mobile therapists put up their tents in client's houses?

Nikki
x

I have a popup tent and I find it ok pretty much anywhere in a clients house. Usually I go for the room with the best light, and so far I haven't had any overspray around the room or had to move any furniture to get it into a room.
Hth

I was thinking of getting Tantrick Minimist as the system has such a good reputation but I am really concerned about overspray. Where do mobile therapists put up their tents in client's houses?

Nikki
x

It has got a good reputation Nikki for good reason.. its an excellent system :)
Its very easy to use and the pop up tent is simple to pop up and down in your clients homes. You need a room with lots of good lighting and a 3' square area to base the booth. There is minimal overspray once you know how to use the kit correctly (which you would after having been trained) and if there was a little overspray the booth is the ideal station to keep it within the area of tanning.

I have been to one client who has had a brand new cream carpet fitted throughout her house.. I nearly died when I saw it as it is such an expensive carpet.. (you can tell with how you sink into the pile) but I did her and her friend a tan and she said she hasn't seen any marks on her carpert or cream coloured suite. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it at first lol!!!

The Mini Mist won't give you a massive problem with over spray if used as you are trained.....I know Minkus...just the same as me had an airbrush system in the old days which was overspray city.

A tent would be a good idea if going into client's houses, especially if doing more than one tan, I would get one just to err on the side of caution.

selling the tan tent because i have no need for it - still tanning but get so little overspray its more hassle to pop the tent up than it is to have a quick wipe with a couple of flash wipes !!

Thanks everyone you've been really helpful. I think I'll go ahead and book my training now. I also have really pale cream carpets in the house so I think I'll also buy a cheap shower curtain to put on the floor just by the front of the tent for the client to step onto and hopefully that should be ok then.

Nikki
x

Watch the shower curtain idea....very slippery! I thought the same as you to step out of tent onto shower curtain covered with towel and to use to pour solution too in case of any drips but.... bought one, tried it at home with daughter and she nearly broke her neck...as you step out onto it your feet slip from under you, ok for daughter to be extra careful but not for client so now I use a rubber backed bath mat and it does the same job but without the broken neck!!!!! HTH!!

Thanks Sarah brilliant advice.

Nikki

i have a hvlp machine and i have never had any overspray and when ive finished i hardly see any wetness in the tent only did my training afew weeks ago so only been out to about 3 houses but havent had any trouble fitting the tent in yet i was told to put the cream on the bottom off there feet then them stand on paper towels so it sticks so they can move round the booth freely without sliping ond no brown feet at the bottom i also use a rubber car mat from halfords for them to stand on when they get out good luck

Hi Geeks
I'm looking for a spray booth
Any ideas on best buys
Not sure if i want a tent
Jenx

Latest posts

Back