spray tanning by solgo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxGemseyxx

Reaction score
:rolleyes:hi guys:rolleyes:

have any of you heard of solglo? they are offering a spray tanning course for £25+vat?

i'd like to know if any of you would go for this one or if you would go for a more "known" trainer?
i really want to learn this and if i'm honest don't want to spend a fortune learning so i am swaying to sign up for this.
just wondered what you thought or if you could recommend anything?

I think you need to look at other companies and compare what they offer.

I looked for two years at different companies. I think you get what you pay for as well. I use Tantrick the system and solutions are excellent as is there training.

It might be worth waiting until you can invest some more money into it and get better results with the tanning solutions you use etc.

thanks for reply. i am being impatient and really want to do everything NOW do you know what i mean?

Hiya

Is this through Capital? I did Solglo training through them and it wasn't really up to much.

However, I only bdid it because I needed a certificate for insurance....I was salon trained last year and if I'm honest wasn't really after the knowledge (although it never hurts) just the certificate and so its a good way of getting that if you already know what you are doing.

The solution isn't bad tho. I don't use it myself, but know a few peeps that do and they are happy with it.

gemmac said:
:rolleyes:hi guys:rolleyes:

have any of you heard of solglo? they are offering a spray tanning course for £25+vat?

i'd like to know if any of you would go for this one or if you would go for a more "known" trainer?
i really want to learn this and if i'm honest don't want to spend a fortune learning so i am swaying to sign up for this.
just wondered what you thought or if you could recommend anything?

Hi yes ive bought the solglo kit and the colour is great im hoping to book on the next course which is in coventry on 20th april.
There is a few girls on here use it trial and error everyone has different views i think solglo is great:)

Hi there

I did my solglo training at Sally's for £25 over a year ago and it was good. Don't be conned into buying the kit which is over £700 you don't need it.

I bought a pop up tent, and bought the earlex sprayer from argos for £60, rang earlex and changed the needle to a smaller one, turned the nozzle right down so it's not too wet, works perfect, light to carry, easy to clean. Earlex also told me they supply a lot of their sprayers to the bigger spray tan companies who sometimes change it slightly then charge an enormous amount of money. So don't get ripped off by believing all the hype you sometimes get!

I found solglo spray tan to be very natural looking, apply 3 to 4 times lightly. I did test out lots of other tan solutions buy asking for samples.

Enjoy your course.

Deb379

Do you have to apply 3-4 times to get covereage?

I only apply once.

I know someone who did SolGlo at Sally's. Think its with UBP isnt it? anyway she absolutely loved it. Really natural looking tan and she had fun on the course too.

dont think she bought all the kit but i know she uses the solglo solutions and her pop up tent!

x:cool:

I use Solglo but have bought my kit with machine through www.spraytancubicle.com they did a fab deal, much cheaper than £700! And I buy solglo from the supplier direct to use in it. its a fab colour I love it so do my clients.!

Tantick, Tantrick, Tantrick...........take a look on the website. I only trained last week and they do interest free over 1 year. I have done a few tans this week with amazing results and have had a lot of interest in my first week....really excited about it now the summer is comming. The results are great, the training and the company are fab.
Hayley

HAILZTONES said:
Tantick, Tantrick, Tantrick...........take a look on the website. I only trained last week and they do interest free over 1 year. I have done a few tans this week with amazing results and have had a lot of interest in my first week....really excited about it now the summer is comming. The results are great, the training and the company are fab.
Hayley

Ive not heard of solglow either!!!
im sure tantrick is great but ill keep with solglo for now

Hi there

It's better to apply several times but finely, if you try and do it in one go you could run the risk of the solution running, and the colour not necessarily being satisfactory. I found 4 times was better for first application, less for a top up if they come within a week, you will have to judge for yourself and for each client, make a note each time on their consultation form. Don't get too close otherwise it'll be too wet.

Deb379

I trained with SolGlo and used to use it years ago but found that the one colour option doesnt suit every skin type.
Their application method is good and hasnt failed me yet. Ive only used their machine once and have not found them very suitable for tanning as they were not originally intended for this purpose even with the smaller needle the overspray is too much. Its a bit like watching your profits disapearing.
You should only need to apply once, if your having to do it more then you need to increase the spray or stand closer to the client, this also works in the opposite, if the solution is too wet then you need to turn it down or move back. (remeber as the machine warms up the flow of solution will increase due to the expansion with heat).:green:

I use Solglo & love the solution but I didn't do my training with them so can't tell you about that sorry. The solution gives a lovely natural colour which is fab for paler customers but doesn't come in a darker shade. Heard lots of good things about Tantrick if that's any help. I'm actually thinking of switching to Tantrick in the future.

hi i use st tropez and everyone loves it

hey guys
just wanted to let you know that i have booked up to do the solglo course on may 15 i am soooo excited.

Good for you, I'll let you know how I get on I'm doing mine on 25th of this month with them, I dont want to buy all their kit etc as I have my own but am interested in the colour that Solglo produces. I think you need to look at a few solutions.
I got a sample of Fake Bake, have seen Tantrick got Sienna Sun with the kit so thought I could train with Solglo and see their colour at the same time before I decide which to use.
Gold help the poor person that gets tanned by me...lol :)

gemmac said:
hey guys
just wanted to let you know that i have booked up to do the solglo course on may 15 i am soooo excited.

Ive got mine next week in coventry iv already had spray tans with this and found colour great.And i fell lucky and bought the kit half price woooo

Ill let ya no how me training goes:)

Hi

Have fun, so easy as long as you stick to a methodical way of applying the tan solution.

Deb379

Latest posts

Back