Spray Tanning customer - Always feels faint!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Jess

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

One of my clients has had 3 spray tans now....2 of the times she has felt faint whilst drying off, & this time, i had to stop spraying near the end because she felt faint again :( Poor Girl

Ive put it down to the chemicals in the solution but i said to her i would try & find out for definate.

ive suggested that i get some sniffits for her for next time.

Have you got any suggestions as to what it is and what i can do??? x

thanks

this can be due to the tent. its very easy to get disorientated and dizzy when you turn to the sides and back as you have nothing to 'spot' or focus on, i think this is worse if your have a black tent. this has happened to me a few times at the end too. you might want to try pinning an image at the back of the tent for her to focus on. worth a try i suppose.

Is she holding her breath? Sounds funny but I had a client who couldn't stop holding her breath when j was tanning and I only noticed halfway through when she looked a bit strange! If she is worried about inhaling you can give her a mask, my lady didn't even realise she was holding it so worth checking she is breathing normally! X

If I have to stand for too long without moving in the same spot for too long I start to feel faint ... a queue at the Post Office that is moving slowly or the supermarket.

I am prone to fainting but I generally know all the triggers, too much heat or sun is another culprit.

Jacqui xx

Hmmm, I think I would be a bit apprehensive of tanning her again until she maybe got checked out, I know that sounds a bit extreme but she could be feeling faint due to inhaling the fumes, there maybe an underlying issue there. If she felt faint once then that could be by being disorientated in the tent/moving etc, but my gut instinct is to maybe air on the side if caution with this one and maybe offer her a manual tan application next time.xx

Could she be pregnant?!x

Sent from my X10i

I have had a lady faint on me before, still not sure what caused it but she did say she was prone to fainting.

You could get the client to wear a paper mask?

You could get the client to wear a paper mask?

Lol... Thats exactly what I've gone and brought :)
She's coming again tommorow, so I will make her wear it :)

Last time I had a spray tan I felt really faint towards the end. However turns out I had low iron levels and a course of tablets soon fixed it. Maybe worth while advicing your client too see a doctor.

Loads of relevant ideas.....have definitely been guilty myself of holding my breath, but also find standing still a problem.
In dancing we were taught to "spot" when spinning, so that rings true, too.

If in doubt advise your client to see a doctor, as they may have under lining health issues. You most likely have done that.

It could be the changes in temp.....i duno about your machine but mine sprays cold then when when i dry people off its warm air.

cold be a sudden drop in blood pressure or something?

Hi !! Ive been spraytanning for over 3 years now and it happens to me so many times I have one of the best solutions, they are all very known they are BIO and clean, but it’s due to pourcentage of Dha !! It’s not good if inhaled intentionally if you’re talking too much while having a spraytan of course you’ll be inhaling a lot of solution wich is not recommended also u should by hydrated before ure session u should not be empty stomach too, hormones can react too, if ure client feels like fainting give her some regular Coca-Cola on the spot if cold is even better, sugar will help , because what happens is that it gives dizziness and sugar downs while inhaled…wearing a mask will show on her face when u take it off it might show off , because some overspray goes on the face while u spray the body, if u put nose filter it won’t stop inhaling , so the solution is to hold a little the breathing and not talk while spraying give something sweet to eat or drink before session, ask ur client to breath normally every time u turn off the machine , avoid so many positions, try to reduce the volume of solution coming of out of ur gun , make sure the room is ventilated enough, make sure ur filters are clean, ask ur client to look on the other side while spraying a part of the body, tell them to trust the process and do not look down all the way trough because sometimes they just want to see the results and they look down to much so they inhale a lot of solution ( avoid talking while spraytanning I know it’s hard but it will help not inhale solution !! I hope those advices will Help some spraytan artists out there !!! #goodluck

Latest posts

Back