Spray Tanning Essentials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betsy

Reaction score
Hi,

Im just woundering what people think about tanning disposables. I always use them and i think they are brilliant! However my clients dont like putting the mob-caps on their heads as they are rather un-flattering! So i thought about tanning towels to put on your head instead.. just to wrap round your head asif you just washed your hair.. Does anyone use these and think they are any good? Least i can re-wash them! unlike the mob-caps, sometimes it seems abit silly throwing them away everytime!

Any advise would be good!

Thankyou :)

Betsy

From my personal perspective, looking at it as a client, as long as you used a new towel for each client, then that's fine. Perhaps you could get those pre-shaped ones from Poundland?

If a client has a lot of long hair, then towel turbans can be a little difficult and heavy, even when you clip it up beforehand - I speak from experience as my youngest has hair down to her bottom and it's thick:Scared:

wow, you would go to all that extra effort to wash and dry the towels? Its only you and them who see them in the disposables, my clients love them, they love that they lose all their inhibitions with me and have a good laugh about how unglam they look trying to look glam :) (they often forget they have the caps on and go to walk out the door with them still on!). Its up to you but I like to give my clients unopened new disposables every time and with electricity the way it is I dont charge enough to justify the extra expense. maybe you could offer both options?

unflattering they are indeed, but who sees them? Only you and I'm sure you've worn one too ;-)

I wouldn't offer another option, think of the cost of laundering extra towels, plus if you're mobile it's more kit to lug around and it's fairly obvious when you give the client a folded new cap and thing still in it's wrapper that you take your business and hygiene practices seriously....

enjoy!

Disposables all the way for me - I have enough washing and drying towels as it is without adding to. Plus if your doing a tan party for 5 people thats 5 extra towels to carry which add to the weight you have to carry in your bag plus takes up more space..

A few of my clients have kept their disposable caps and just wear them again for their next tan - saves me a few pennies buying more...

I would rather carry round 50 disposable caps with me than 10 extra towels tbh..

(this is assuming of course you are mobile)

completely agree with everyone i love the disposables!! Getting a spray tan isnt a very glamourous affair but its not a relaxing treatment its a means to a beautiful glowing end!! I get the OMG disposables and I love that they all come in a little individual bag per customer it may not be glamourous but I think it looks really proffesional!!

Latest posts

Back