Spray tanning - few q's from newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy BTN

Reaction score
Hiya,
At the salon i work in, i am going to start offering spray tanning (when i finally decide on the course! )
We have a hair salon and hair extensions on the ground floor and on the first floor we have a vertical sunbed, showers and a beauty room.

When i'm spray tanning would it enhance the service if i provided the companies exfoliator and the clients showered before?

I'm at the salon 3 days a week, i already have clients booked in most of the time im there so at first i don't want a really expensive machine.
I was looking at the T100 type machine. If you have it.. Are you happy with it? Any probs?

Hi, it would be good if you could sell the exfoliator/moisturiser to them, but better for them to have these products before you commence with the spray tan, that way they can get their body prepared. So if they come in to book their appointment,offer it to them then. Or if its over the phone, tell them that you have the exfoliator/moisturiser, and if they are passing before their appointment, it would be good if they could come in and purchase these, as it will help with the quality of their tan.

Me personally, wouldn't recommend showering just before being sprayed, its best to give it atleast an hour, gives your body time to settle/dry, time for the moisturiser to sink in, I also feel the same about exfoliating just before the application of a tan. But of course, this will vary with different ranges.

What range are you thinking of going with?

Hope that helps alittle

Thanks for your help.
I was thinking tantrick but then i really like the lotion range or celebrity secrets....
I've been on loads of the websites and the starter pack for celebrity secrets seems really good too.

Hi, hope it goes well for you. Get in touch with loads of companies and they should send you some tanning samples or even come to your salon.

Celebrity Secrets solution is nice and their package is also very good. I believe Couture also do quite a good start up package.

I did start out using Celebrity Secrets and have defected to Vani-T which I totally adore.

There are many good companies out there and what one tan technician likes another won't. You can buy your machine from most companies I think without buying their solution but I think they make the packages quite a good price as an incentive to use their solution. So, as has been said previously, try lots of samples, most companies are willing to send them to you.

Some other examples are: su-do, tantrick, fake bake, naturasun, sol-glo (I think). sure I have missed lots out but that's all that comes to mind immediately.

Fab, thanks for your help!
I shall be ringing round in the morning :green:

I love my Minimist/T100 and find it really easy to use with very little overspray.

I have trialled a huge number of solutions and Tantrick wins hands down every time for me:hug:

I have had some info through from Vani-t this morning and I like the look of their retail stuff. going to have a more in depth look I think.

what do you make of Fantasy Tan

I have had some info through from Vani-t this morning and I like the look of their retail stuff. going to have a more in depth look I think.

Vani-T's retail stuff has just been taken on by harvey Nichols and will be taken by Selfridges real soon. You can't get a better recommendation than that in my book.

Latest posts

Back