Spray Tanning - Freezing !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam28

Reaction score
Probably absolutely nothing anyone can suggest, but I find (and my customers) that the solution is blinking freezing when spray tanning. The solution is kept at room temperature and the rooms not cold. Dont suppose anyone has got any useful tips ??

It needs to be the cool temp that it is for the hvlp to produce a fine mist,
if it was warmed up by any method it would start to set up so to speak and block your needle in the gun and would not spray as a mist but would splutter out iykwim,
sorry Sam but that is the way it is, it only takes 5 Min's to spray someone so its not long really to be bit chilly for a great result,
as it gets colder i have a plug in electric heater for clients to stand by after their tan has been applied hth

Yep plug in heater a good idea, was given that when i had a spray tan and found it really helped as i was freezing and the room was too!! lol
xxx

Is this because people are using a different compressor to me then because mine is just cool. I wouldnt say cold.It actually feels quite nice? x

Try blowing through a tiny hole made by your hand onto the other hand... it feels cool yes? Now blow a large breath on your open hand ... it is warm/hot. This is how it works ... the solution will always be cold being forced through the tiny space of the hvlp needle.

If its very cold I have the fire on so the room is warm but I have also on occasion blown some warm air onto the client from the hose after full application if the client looks a little blue lol!!!

Thanks for the replies, I thought as much really. I always warn them if its their first time so they're prepared ! x

See everytime I decide right I'm finally going to train and offer spray tanning something makes me change my mind.

Now let me see: Stand and freeze your butt off

or

Lie down in a nice warm room and have the tan rubbed on like a nice massage.

Manual tans are just so much more relaxing and the same price why would you pay to stand and freeze?

Probably absolutely nothing anyone can suggest, but I find (and my customers) that the solution is blinking freezing when spray tanning. The solution is kept at room temperature and the rooms not cold. Dont suppose anyone has got any useful tips ??

Jen is absolutely right....
There are two problems here....the solution temp as well as the ambient room temp of the air....unfortunatley two further problems emanate when the solution passes through the gun it cools the air that is used to force the solution out and onto the skin.

Now clearly you cant keep the solution stored hot as this would effect its structure and shelf life so really you can only raise the ambient temperature of the room generally...thats to raise the air temperature.

A second very effective trick is to get one of those cheap portable infra red heaters and switch it on when your customer comes in.

Now this type of heating is most effective as it doesnt heat the room as such but the rays will heat the first thing they hit..so place this off to one side of where you stand and point at the customer..he /she will defiantly feel the warmth of the rays hitting the skin.

This will prevent goose bumps also and most certainly make your customer feel warmer and therefore enjoy the experience much more :hug:

Of course always think "safety" when using electrical appliances around the spray tan work area :hug:

See everytime I decide right I'm finally going to train and offer spray tanning something makes me change my mind.

or

Manual tans are just so much more relaxing and the same price why would you pay to stand and freeze?

Absolutely not..follow the steps above and you and your customer will be more than happy :hug:
Applying a spray tan is also far quicker than hand applied metoods...time is money :hug:

or

Lying down getting a manual tan must feel very nice, getting the body scrub is certainly very pleasant with good results.

However, manual tanning is time consuming, usually about an hour and where I live double the cost of the spray tan. Most clients want to be in and out when getting a tan and a 10 minute treatment where you can get dressed immediately and not look like you have been in a mud bath is quite appealing to the majority of clients. I offer both and I think I have done one manual tan this year in total.

If the client has prepped well the spray tan lasts as well as a manual tan too.

I offer body exfolation to my regular spray tan clients and they have them about every two months, this helps to avoid any build up in areas they find hard to reach when doing home exfoliation.

The spray tan is cold lyndsey.... but its not that bad... the benefits outway 10 mins of being chilly. :hug:

Latest posts

Back