Spray tanning help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonimaxwill

Reaction score
Hi, I spray tanned 3 clients last night, 2 are saying they are patchy, I did check them over at the time and the guide colour was all over, so don't understand how it can be patchy and the other one is green, not the guide colour their skin, this has happened to her before but she was told by that it was due to the gun being dirty!!! Luckly one of patchy girls had the same solution so I know its not that and my gun is clean. Has anyone got any idea of what would cause the patchy tans and a green one!!

Thanks
Annie

Annie

You need to see your clients today really so you can check them over.
Patchy may be due to many reasons - dry skin, medication, or something on their skin. Green is usually deodorant or body spray but should wash off normally with the guide colour.

hth
Maria

Thanks Maria

I am seeing the two patchy ones at 4, one did say that she had put moisturiser on but had then washed it off, she maybe hadn't washed it off properly. If they are patchy can I respray them lightly to even it out. Sorry if its a silly question havn't had anyone patchy before.

Thanks
Annie

Sorry couldn't reply earlier, how did it go?
The moisturiser may definately be the cause then.
As for respraying, I couldn't say as I too have never had a patchy tan before, I see Collin replied to your last post so maybe some more geeks can give you more advice.
I would imagine it would be still slightly patchy as you would be double tanning the area already tanned but I may be wrong. :confused:

if the tan is patchy did they have a natural tan before with tan lines ? also did they use an oil based product before they came to you ?

Latest posts

Back