Spray Tanning Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alimac

Reaction score
Did my first 2 'proper' spray tans last night using my new tantirck equip.

I met up with the girls today and the tans are gorgeous BUT both girls are slightly patchy on the underside of their arms, but perfect everywhere else - any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Was hoping MartiGirl or some of you other spray-tanners could give me some advice here!

Thanks a lot!

was it by thier armpits at all? If so it could be that they had a bit deoderant left on?

Unfortunately no - it was a bit lower than that - like 3/4 of the way up the arm - I was wondering if I got them to put their arm down too soon after spraying?

it's maybe just a little bit that you have missed, they maybe havent exfoliated properly,

Anyway they can cover oit with a bit of bronzer or a very light respray:hug:

Sometimes skin to skin contact too soon after spraying can cause a little patchiness too. If you are spraying a little too wet and you can see the skin is shiny, turn down your nozzle a little and ask your clients not to let their arms touch their torso for a few minutes.

I have had this with one of my clients who's inner elbow was patchy. When I sprayed her the 2nd time first thing she did was lift her elbows up and her arms were tightly together; when I suggested she lowered her arms for a while I could see a little area that had rubbed already. A light spay over and it was fine and she said by keeping her arms down it didnt happen the subsiquent times I tanned her.

Thanks for the replies - gives me something to go on - I am thinking it might have been a bit wet and they put their arms down too soon - but I shall watch out for that in future - you should have seen the rest of the tan on her body though - really gorgeous, mind you she was a pretty gorgeous blonde 21 year old - grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I'm goin g down to Glasgow on Tues Angela, and I will be doing a couple of my colleagues from college so surely I will be able to iron out my probs after that!

Thanks again, your comments are always appreciated!

If you are anywhere near Clydebank give me a bell Alison

I'm going to Milngavie - not too sure where that would be in relation to you.

This time of year that is a part of the body that gets really dry! I've seen it a couple of times now, where the skin is almost flaking off, from constantly being under jumpers and coats, and its happened to me....funnily at its worst whenever I've been skiing (probably to do with constantly moving the arms...you should see me ski!!!).

I would like to bet that the skin there has been extra dry and needed really good exfoliation and moisturisation over a few nights to smooth it before application.

I'm going to Milngavie - not too sure where that would be in relation to you.

Actually not far at all about 5 miles max

oh - can I maybe pop in and see you then? mind you it will depend it you are busy Tues morning - any idea what you are booked up for?

Maybe you better pm me as I think I have gone off the thread now!

Pits and the underside of the arms think need a right good exfoliation prior to a tan, especially if they are using a spray deoderant....otherwise as already said they put their arms to the side whilst you are spraying the front part of the body. I always tell clients to keep their arms away from the sides, almost in a body builder stance!

As an aside....did the solution look a bit greenish after spraying this area?

I didn't notice any green colouring---why do you say that?

I didn't notice any green colouring---why do you say that?
Sometimes you get a green colouring when you spray the under arm area, it's a reaction with deoderant. Haven't had this recently I have to say, but I did get it in the past.

Oh right - well I'll pay close attention to that next time and see if thats what the probelms is.

Thanks for your help

Latest posts

Back