Spray tanning - kick up the backside needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emsyj

Reaction score
I did my spray tan training back in November last year and always had plans to buy a kit and do mobile but just never quite got around to it. But now I am bored, a stay at home mum and looking to make a few £££ to do some make-up training so I need a kick right up the bum to get me going with spray tanning.

Can anyone share with me their experiences of first starting up? In my area, there is only one other person doing mobile tanning that I can find and she is based about 8/9 miles away from me - there's nobody in my immediate area as far as I can see (checked Gumtree, Facebook and google search) - so I think there is a market there, I've had a few friends ask about it and ask when I'm getting my kit.... I've bought a web domain name, just need to build my site and buy a kit.

Who's ready to give me a kick up the bum, then? :D

Omg emsy get yourself out there!! once you get going you will love it, great way to work around the family!!grab yourself some kit, try plenty of samples then go for it! X

Hi, I bought the LA tan kit, you get 3 lt of tan free. I use La tan a bit but prefer Brown bitz tan, it's lovely. Now get of your bum and get it sorted out,lol. You'll have fun ,make money ,and feel rewarded with the results. good luck...xxx:Love:

Thanks! :biggrin:

Is it easy to build up clients? I am hoping to do at least 5 tans a week (as many as possible really!!!) Going to call Sienna X tomorrow to find out about solution pricing.

Mine is mostly word of mouth once they see your tans they make recommendations, what solution does the other person use?x
http://www.tan-tents.co.uk/ try this site a fellow geek posted it the other day? Xx

Thanks! :biggrin:

Is it easy to build up clients? I am hoping to do at least 5 tans a week (as many as possible really!!!) Going to call Sienna X tomorrow to find out about solution pricing.

have you tried this solution, i didn't like it at all, but we all like different tans . Best of luck to you.
It can take time to get regulat clients, i do it from my hair salon, we advertise on our facebook salon page, putting pics of clients with there tan on and what %. but i think people are a bit scared of the old orange tans so it's hard to change there opinions,but summers coming so should be easier.x:Love:

I think she uses either Fake Bake or a cheaper brand (can't remember the name of it) and charges less for the cheaper one - the area she lives in is very different from where I live (I know cos I grew up there!) round here there are lots of real-life WAGs so I am planning to go for Sienna X provided that they will list me on their website. There is a salon about 3 miles away that does St Tropez but I haven't read much positive feedback about St Tropez on here so am going to check out Sienna X and Nouvatan.

If you've got the wags I'd stay clear of Sienna and go for something a little better! You definatley need samples! Try before you buy is a must! Sienna will give a free sample so you can compare! :D
(sorry Sienna users lol!!)

If you've got the wags I'd stay clear of Sienna and go for something a little better! You definatley need samples! Try before you buy is a must! Sienna will give a free sample so you can compare! :D
(sorry Sienna users lol!!)

Try AMBERMIST, best natural tan out, been using for 10 years and no one can beat it. :p

I've been looking for that kick up the bum too.. Finally getting my logo made up, and I'm hoping to be up and running in time for graduations/grad balls etc!

Good luck!

Ooooh interesting feedback on Sienna X - I only thought of them as I know two girls who have regular spray tans and one of them goes to the little salon that does St Tropez (but will be switching to me as soon as I get my kit haha!) and the other goes to a salon (miles and miles away - she lives about 1.5 hours' drive away) which uses Sienna X and she's happy with it.

I like the feedback on Nouvatan but it's not as well known I don't think? Any advice?

There's loads of solutions on the market and I might add a great variation in prices... so get as many samples as you can and try them all.... dont rely on other people to tell you, because we are all biased to the product we use..... Sienna X is great, cant fault it. LA Tan (not gold range) is good/dark and a good price to start with. Solspa is 100% organic.... Vaniti, Sunless Solutions, the list goes on and on...check out all the marketing material and go with something that you think is exciting, attractive and suits the kind of tan your going to promote.....have fun xx

I was in the same position as you a couple of months ago but now I'm up for it... Got my kit from nouvatan at pro beauty and now I'm just waiting for my leaflets to arrive so I can had them out at the local market and other places.. iv also made my website too www.pareesa-beauty.co.uk, face book and twitter ...
Don't worry hun
(hand on heart) all iz well, all iz well

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Oh and try Carl at verveprint ... For your designing needs ... His is FAB..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Right Ems I'm kicking u up the butt lol! I did Sienna X traing last week fabulous was a bit more expensive than others but learned soo much, did 8 practice tans this week and I'm raring to go. Get going girl shop about for kit I have t200 Apollo gun but may be other good ones, I got great deal at beauty fair , so no point in telling u what I paid.Sienna X solution 47 per litre shudder get 10/15 tans to start. Get going girl I love it so much I would tan for free only kidding as I have no money xxxxx

Thanks for all the virtual kicks up the bum!!! :D

Keep 'em coming!!

I'm going to do some investigating with solutions and order my kit tomorrow - going for the Maximist XL and a pop-up tent, still undecided on the extractor...

Hi I've just popped over from the nail side to say go for it, I was/am a stay at home mum and as much as i love my children I need to become me again after 14 years so
I've started out in nails and from the eye of the customer,being Lilly white I will be looking to get my first spray tan/tans this summer as I and many pale skinned people I'm sure would like to beautifully bronzed for the summer,so money to be made by everyone that tans

Hi

I did my training with nouvatan at the start of April - Ive done about 5 practice tans in - whilst Ive been practising Carl at Verve has been creating my logo and hopefully the flyers within the next couple of weeks then Im hitting the streets, Ive identified the areas I want to target and as soon as those flyers are done Im off!

Just go for it! Nothing ventured nothing gained!!

xx

Spray tanning is the best decision I've made in years! I enjoy it SOOOO much! I use Sienna but there are lots of great brands around. Get samples, try them out, have fun!

It's hard work but so worth it and a great little sideline.

Good luck!

Just thought I'd add my experience! Trained and bought kit from Nouvatan a few weeks back and just opened my salon at the weekend....Eeek! You probs know this but if you book your training with some companies they will take the training fee off of the price of your kit! Saved me quite a bit....oh and Sienna tried to oversell with me which put me right off!! Go get started but def look at Nouvatan... all of my friends are now converted!! Xx

Latest posts

Back