Spray tanning men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleysspraytan

Reaction score
Hi guys I know this has been covered before but I can't find anything on search! So as the title suggests I have my first ever male client on Tuesday and just wanted some tips please!? Thanks in advance x

Hi guys I know this has been covered before but I can't find anything on search! So as the title suggests I have my first ever male client on Tuesday and just wanted some tips please!? Thanks in advance x

Firstly don't panic...guys make good customers.

Spray tan as normal routine but there are less curvatures on a mans body so pooling problems are far less than with a woman

If he is hairy spray as normal but tilt your gun slightly so you spray up the hair...this reduces solution droplets forming on the hairs.

If you do have droplets simply detach the hose from the gun and blow the warm air onto the droplets which will force them onto the skin....eliminating any need to Pat dry the area

If he is bald...simply lightly mist the head...twice if necessary but be carefully not to apply to much...of course don't apply if he has shaved his head for at least 24Hrs after shaving

If he is wanting a naked spray....dont apply solution to his genitals and when doing his inner thighs ask him to pull his penis to one side for you while you spray the opposite inner thigh...never touch him...get him to do it.

So all pretty simple but the main thing is ....NJOY and don't be scared :wink2:

I had a guy contact me but as im fairly new i decided against it, i dont know, im just a little uncomfortable entering a males home on my own ( not that all men are predators!!) i just personally wouldnt feel comfortable..

He has since messaged me again asking and im in a difficult position i cant really afford to turn down business :/ i keep trying to rationalise myself saying if i let someone know where im going its fine but i still feel uncomfortable...

Any advice on what you would do regarding this would be really appreciated xx

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?koqmif

Colin
Why wouldn't you spray his genitals? i always spray my hubby naked and cover every bit of body including genitals and had no probs for 6 months or is it because of the obvious you were thinking with men lol

Until such times as you have visited and get to know a male client its advisable not to go alone .

Cant you maybe take someone with you?

Even once you know him make sure you have your mobile phone with you...that you tell someone where when you are going and roughly when you will text that person to say all is good...if they don't get the text by the time you say then they should contact the police

Most guys are safe but better to be safe than sorry

HTH and with the right precautions in place you will be protected and he will be happy with his tan....win win :wink2:

I had a guy contact me but as im fairly new i decided against it, i dont know, im just a little uncomfortable entering a males home on my own ( not that all men are predators!!) i just personally wouldnt feel comfortable..

He has since messaged me again asking and im in a difficult position i cant really afford to turn down business :/ i keep trying to rationalise myself saying if i let someone know where im going its fine but i still feel uncomfortable...

Any advice on what you would do regarding this would be really appreciated xx

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?koqmif

Colin
Why wouldn't you spray his genitals? i always spray my hubby naked and cover every bit of body including genitals and had no probs for 6 months or is it because of the obvious you were thinking with men lol

Nothing specific...a mans genitals tends to have a darker skin tone colour than the rest of the body so generally speaking over spray adds sufficient additional coverage to this area to blend in well with the rest of the body.
Also unless he is a naturalist and swaggers naked around the place ...who is really going to see this area :wink2:

Thx not a naturalist but likes to swagger naked around the bedroom showing of his gorgeous nouvatan when developed :p

Collin
another quick question please if i may

I have only done another male spary tan besides my hubby, i woud do others with precaution. I had a male ask me the other day (father of a daughter i do nails for) asked if i have to spray men with very hairy backs and chests different ?
my hubby only has a little and i have only ever sprayed the way i was taught.
should i spray down then spray up to ensure the spray has passed through the hair etc?
thanks

Collin
another quick question please if i may

I have only done another male spray tan besides my hubby, i would do others with precaution. I had a male ask me the other day (father of a daughter i do nails for) asked if i have to spray men with very hairy backs and chests different ?
my hubby only has a little and i have only ever sprayed the way i was taught.
should i spray down then spray up to ensure the spray has passed through the hair etc?
thanks

You are best to spray up the hair as acess to the skin is better achieved
If your nervous why not be honest with the guy...maybe do it a bit cheaper on the basis you are helping each other out...you by using him as a Ginnie pig to give you confidence :wink2:

Thanks so much colin that's fab advice I'm not too nervous as im an experienced tanner and have told him he'd need to keep boxers on so don't need to worry abut that my concern was any hair so that's fab advice thank you. Hopefully this will go well and I can promote the male side of things fingers crossed. I can't believe this is the first time I've had male interest is there anywhere specific people find they get male clients from? This is someone partner who I'm tanning and he's never had one before bless him!

Thanks so much colin that's fab advice I'm not too nervous as im an experienced tanner and have told him he'd need to keep boxers on so don't need to worry abut that my concern was any hair so that's fab advice thank you. Hopefully this will go well and I can promote the male side of things fingers crossed. I can't believe this is the first time I've had male interest is there anywhere specific people find they get male clients from? This is someone partner who I'm tanning and he's never had one before bless him!

Glad to be of help and hope all went well for you.
The male side of things is a fast growing sector and good to tap into
I would reccomend that you speak to every lady you spray tan and ask her if her partner wants to try...offer some kind of discount if they introduce him as a new customer
Good luck

I'm doing a man and his wife on thursday! Very informative!

I spray tan a fair amount of men, some years are busier than others but I have found the best places to recruit more clients, apart from through wives, daughters and girl friends is the local gym, dance studios, personal trainers (especially ones that work mobile) country club staff ( there are a few out there without tanning facilities on site.) Leave leaflets in the area outside the loos in pubs, restaurants and cinemas. Guys can be just as concerned about their looks and wont pass up on a special offer if the leaflet happens to be on the way to the loo. I wouldn't want to put my name and number inside though, it brings thoughts of sleazy soliciting to mind LOL, phone booths next??? Ha ha.

Anyway long story short, think of predominantly male activities and places they frequent, then get your business cards or leaflets out there for them to see.

Another very valid point I think is that Bridegrooms also need a little color, how many wedding photos have a radiant bride with a grey skinned man by their side. It's his special day too so why not a bit of a tan to make him look as gorgeous as his wife sees him to be.

I always suggest that the whole wedding party be tanned, the bride obviously with the most fabulous color and the rest of the party including groom, dads and best man sprayed to a healthy glow. That way they all look their best but the bride is the most radiant. hth

I have a stag tanning party to do next week!!
(luckily its friends of friends)

7 hairy blokes!!
these tips really helped, Thanks! ;)
I'm quite excited now! hahahahha.
:o

Latest posts

Back