Spray tanning newbie questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHeartLashes

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm doing my spray tanning course next week and being the impatient person that i am I want to order a kit now so that I have it as soon as I'm qualified!

I think I'm going to go with suntanna along with one of their machines. My question are:

How much spray tan solution will I need to do 1 tan? I'm not sure how many tans I'll get out of a 250ml bottle or if I should just get a couple of the 1 litres.

Also, which % do you find most popular?

I already have clients wanting tans doing next week. What do I need to tell them before they come? Do they have to ex-foliate? Do they need a patch test etc? I know I'll learn this on the course but I have them booking in already for the day after so want to make sure I have prepared them correctly!

Thanks so much x

Hi Again lol,
A newbie may use more solution than the more expert of tanners but I should imagine you'll use between 50-70ml per full body.

Your clients will decide your most popular % but for me its the Chocolate 12% hands down.

Yes they need to exfoliate well ensuring they pay particular attention to the dryer areas such as knees and elbows. Ensure they have not shaved or waxed within 24 hours of the tan. No moisturisers after exfoliating. Come wearing lose dark clothing.

Yes I always test and everyones opinion is varied (check with your insurance!).
I am happy to do a 20-30 min test on a new customer if they state on the consultation they have had a spray tan before and can confirm the solution used. If anything on the consultation form concerns me in the slightest or I am concerned they have not had tan before I ask for 24 hour test prior to tanning.
Again this is MY preference, its best to ask your trainer and as I said check your insurance as this is something you really don't want to get wrong.

Anything else you should learn on the course :)

Amazing, thank you so much for your reply xx

Latest posts

Back