Spray Tanning Opinions Wanted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colette

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm purchasing my mini mist this thursday and about to start offering Mobile Tanning along with my nails. I've heard lots of good things about Tantrick Tanning which I may still use, but my teacher has started using a new brand called Couture Tanning. Just wondered if anyone has heard about it or is using it and what do you think? Tantrick or Couture?? :rolleyes:

Couture is the old su do tanning dont know much about it but ahve a look on
www.abtan.com

hi sorry to but it but ive just looked on that abtan site is every 1 abroad on there its an interesting site

You won't go far wrong with Tantrick... appart from the ease of use and lovely products, the aftercare is 2nd to none.

I have not had one complaint from this system and products. (I used to use St Tropez Mist and used to get clients coming back saying they were unhappy with it, not dark enough, patchy etc).

Do a search on here regarding spray tanning and you will see how many of each product gets the thumbs up baring in mind that Couture is Sudo rebranded.

Hi, I offer tanning along with other treatments too. I have always used St Tropez, but the cream version and I have never had anyone complain, they say it's nice and natural and never streaks or goes patchy. :) Brilliant idea offering tans to boost your earnings.

I really love doing the tans now I am confident with them...I dont do loads but now is the time really to start pushing them...its suddenly lighter nights and we all want to look healthier now!!

COUTURE TANNING SYSTEM IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH SUDO IN ANY WAY, IT HAS BEEN DEVELOPED OVER THE LAST YEAR, BY 2 PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN IN THE INDUSTRY FOR OVER 20 YEARS, AND IS A COMPLETELY NEW BRAND. WITH 2 STRENGTHS OF TANNING LIQUID AND A FULL RANGE OF AFTERCARE PRODUCTS, WITH A DELICATE FRAGRANCE OF CITRUS AND GREEN TEA, AT A PRICE THAT THE SALON CAN RETAIL THEM AT AND THEY WONT BE LEFT WITH THEM SITTING ON THE SHELF. COUTURE ALSO OFFERS PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL AND TRAINING. COUTURE ALSO SELL THE MINI MIST HVLP SYSTEM AND THE WHISPER MIST, (SAME AS THE ST TROPEZ) ALONG WITH A BEAUTIFUL EXTRACTION BOOTH THAT IS ACTUALLY USED IN HARRODS!
ANY ONE WANTING MORE INFORMATION CAN CONTACT DEBBIE EASTER AT THE CREATIVE NAIL ACADEMY MANCHESTER OR ANNE SWAIN CREATIVE NAIL ACADEMY MILTON KEYNES, WE ALSO HAVE 20 OTHER ACADEMIES AROUND THE COUNTRY THAT YOU CAN CALL EITHER TO PURCHASE, FOR A DEMO OR FOR TRAINING.
DEBBIE EASTER

Debbie Easter said:
COUTURE TANNING SYSTEM IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH SUDO IN ANY WAY, IT HAS BEEN DEVELOPED OVER THE LAST YEAR, BY 2 PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN IN THE INDUSTRY FOR OVER 20 YEARS, AND IS A COMPLETELY NEW BRAND. WITH 2 STRENGTHS OF TANNING LIQUID AND A FULL RANGE OF AFTERCARE PRODUCTS, WITH A DELICATE FRAGRANCE OF CITRUS AND GREEN TEA, AT A PRICE THAT THE SALON CAN RETAIL THEM AT AND THEY WONT BE LEFT WITH THEM SITTING ON THE SHELF. COUTURE ALSO OFFERS PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL AND TRAINING. COUTURE ALSO SELL THE MINI MIST HVLP SYSTEM AND THE WHISPER MIST, (SAME AS THE ST TROPEZ) ALONG WITH A BEAUTIFUL EXTRACTION BOOTH THAT IS ACTUALLY USED IN HARRODS!
ANY ONE WANTING MORE INFORMATION CAN CONTACT DEBBIE EASTER AT THE CREATIVE NAIL ACADEMY MANCHESTER OR ANNE SWAIN CREATIVE NAIL ACADEMY MILTON KEYNES, WE ALSO HAVE 20 OTHER ACADEMIES AROUND THE COUNTRY THAT YOU CAN CALL EITHER TO PURCHASE, FOR A DEMO OR FOR TRAINING.
DEBBIE EASTER

Is Creative Nail Academy going to retail this new tan of yours Debbie then? I noticed that the Ambassadors at the Leeds Academy were all supporting a new tan but I was sure I was told that it wasn't the new one you have set up with?

I am loving Tantrick though... I had a repeat client this evening, had her first tan last Friday and it looked like she had just had had a spray tan. It was beautiful. I said to her that she must have been moisturising well, and she had been using a new product called Johnsons 24hour Moisturiser. Wow her tan was beautiful, I am going to buy some myself and check out if the moisturiser had anything to do with it or it was just her skin type that held on to the colour so well.

I did my first paying client with Tantrick last night, they rang today to say how impressed they were with the colour and no patches, no streaks.. I was so so pleased. My mate sallyallyann (salmonsa) sprayed me with spray tan cubicles own product and I was really impressed with that too. Interesting to hear of this brand, so thanks for sharing, will watch with interest. xx

I had my Tantrick training yesterday with Charlie & my model came in today with the most fabulous tan! She was absolutely delighted & loads of people have noticed & asked where she had it done. She is coming in for her nail appointment on thursday so I'll be able to see how it is after a week.

you may have seen Academy in the shop at Leeds, this is complimentary product range to Couture, they have some fantastic products, COUTURE aftercare range have moisturiser, moisturiser with DHA, exfoliator, face and body tanning gel and an spf 15 with DHA, ACADEMY have a fantastic range of products to name a few a tanning mousse, lotions, and even a course of supplements to take to moisturise your skin from the inside out! We will be selling these products at the one stop nail shop, come and have a look!

Tantrick, is too, a lovely product, and the above products can be used along with a Tantrick tan, so I am glad you are doing so well, keep up the good work!
Debbie

I got someone coming to give me a demo with couture in 2 weeks, it comes with mini-mist. If any of you essex girls want to come to mine to see it go for it. I will need some models to have a spray done too.

If im impressed the training is a nifty for 4 hours! PM me if you wanna come to couture demo at me house x

Have to say I use none of these but am VERY impressed with Spray Tan Cubicle company's own tanning range, Ocean, although I think this name has just changed. it is such a nice natural colour, much better than others that I have used and lasts for ages. it is around £35 a litre, bargain, smells lovely and I sprayed Sunday and it is still there, I feel fab when I have it on.

Anyway just my opinion xx

tinkywinky said:
Have to say I use none of these but am VERY impressed with Spray Tan Cubicle company's own tanning range, Ocean, although I think this name has just changed. it is such a nice natural colour, much better than others that I have used and lasts for ages. it is around £35 a litre, bargain, smells lovely and I sprayed Sunday and it is still there, I feel fab when I have it on.

This is the one that Pippadoodles mentioned...Sienna Sun, I have it on at the moment (thanks Amber) and I love it. I have recently tried out a few other brands (Tantrick looked slighly yellow on me, Solglo looked slightly orange)but find that Sienna Sun is the most natural looking one on me and my clients, in fact went to the hairdressers yesterday sporting it and got a booking for 6 tans at a party and they are going to put out the advertising leaflets in their goody bags for extra advertising:)

tinkywinky said:

Ive just bought some of this colour is great and it has a lovely smell to it as well:green:

Hello ladies,

Im still not sure what to think of the couture tanning. I sprayed a girl with it last week and asked her to let me know how it turns out, and she told me that it faded considerably after her first (proper) shower and she wasnt very impressed with the colour.:rolleyes: I have to admit from a therapist point of view, it did smell nice when I was spraying and I am impressed by the retail products and the look of the company? I currently use Tantrick.

xx

Did you ask your client what she used on her skin in the shower? If she used a shower gel with SLS( sodium laurel sulphate) this strips the natural oils and can faed spray tans very quickly. Another question to ask is if it was that time of the month for her? Believe it or not this can affect the results as hormones affect your skin (same can occur during pregnancy).

I have tried tantrick, spray tan cubicle and fake bake. I think they are all ok. Was getting loads of overspray with fake bake but started spraying up an down and now don't have any.

Latest posts

Back