Spray tanning over a bottle tan that is patchy...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotalGlamour

Reaction score
Need a little advice if I may...

I have a client booked in at 5pm today (a new client) who has used a bottle self tan on herself, and has washed it off but has now messaged me to say its a bit patchy and there is still some left on her skin...

She wants a light tan so I was going to use OMG 9% on her... Would this cover the bottle self tan...?

Hope this makes sense... Please & thank you x

Need a little advice if I may...

I have a client booked in at 5pm today (a new client) who has used a bottle self tan on herself, and has washed it off but has now messaged me to say its a bit patchy and there is still some left on her skin...

She wants a light tan so I was going to use OMG 9% on her... Would this cover the bottle self tan...?

Hope this makes sense... Please & thank you x

I'm pretty new to tanning, but through my experience and reading others geeks on here, the client will need to remove all of her previous tan before a new one is applied.

The tan that you apply will go over her existing colour, so if she has patches, there will still be patches...just tanned ones! Advise her that for a good finish she needs to remove before having it done. If you do it and she looks awful, it's your reputation on the line. Xx

Agree with Wendy, When you see her you need to make a judgement call. If it's really patchy I would advise her to wait. Exfoliate over the weekend and come back next week.

There is a product called TAN GO Cloth which is a micro fibre cloth that can remove tan patches very effectively. A lot of our customers keep them to clean their hands after a spill for example or for the situation you are in.

Even so the cloth can't perform miracles if someone has really dark patches.

Thanks for all the advice ladies :)

I sent her a message asking exactly what she meant when she said it was still on her feet, and on her inner thigh... but everywhere else was okay...

I also told her I can't guarantee it wont look patchy still with the tan over it, she is still keen on coming as she is going out tomorrow night...

I gave her the option on coming tomorrow after another scrub in the bath, but she said today is the only time she can do it!

I'll see what exactly is going on when she comes at 5... if I don't think it's going to look right then I'll have to refuse to do it, she came to me through a recommendation from someone who comes to me a lot, so don't want to mess it up!

Thank you again... you're very helpful x

Thanks for all the advice ladies :)

I sent her a message asking exactly what she meant when she said it was still on her feet, and on her inner thigh... but everywhere else was okay...

I also told her I can't guarantee it wont look patchy still with the tan over it, she is still keen on coming as she is going out tomorrow night...

I gave her the option on coming tomorrow after another scrub in the bath, but she said today is the only time she can do it!

I'll see what exactly is going on when she comes at 5... if I don't think it's going to look right then I'll have to refuse to do it, she came to me through a recommendation from someone who comes to me a lot, so don't want to mess it up!

Thank you again... you're very helpful x

Also I know when i've been too lazy on myself to remove old tan and applied new, the fade off was quite bad, so you may want to warn her of that x good luck

It really is wise to take a cautious approach and before spray tanning any skin it is essential that any residue tan has been fully removed beforehand
Better to be safe than sorry as no matter what you tell the customer if you do it and it turns out bad...she will undebatable blame you :rolleyes:

Is your reputation worth that :wink2:

feet and inner thighs.............
So she is more skin sensitive and hasn't scrubbed as hard there.
I have in the past told a girl to bite on a towel and scrub harder:twisted:
Actually I told her to stretch the skin tight and scrub harder.
It will come off.
One of my regular clients told me how she deals with her tan.
For 9 of the 10 days she only uses her hands, no mitts, sponges or flannels to wash with. She showers or takes warm not hot baths and she moisturisers everywhere morning and night.
Then day ten she has a very hot bath with bath salts in it, she has a good 20 minutes + soak and then using a bath scrunchy and lots of salt scrub she scrubs her tan of and it comes of very easily all in one go.
She then moisturisers lightly at backs of fingers wrists, elbows and feet before bed and I see her the following evening for her next tan.
She never has a problem with patchy fade of and has the most beautiful skin I have ever seen on anyone.
She can also take a 16% with out a hint of tango:evil: is a lovely person:irked: and a very good hair dresser:lick: I would love to be able to hate her:grr: :D

Thanks again for all the replies ladies... you've been very helpful :)

Well, she came and I took a look at her, and there was no tan on her inner thighs, but there was some on her ankles but not as much as she said... I had visions of her being in a right mess when she arrived...!

She was adamant that she wanted me to spray her no matter what, so I got her to sign the consultation form, and I just noted on there that there was some tan left on her ankles before I started. I pulled away while spraying her, to make sure not much went on her feet, she told me she was wearing wedges so her feet would be covered up anyway, it was just her legs and arms really she was worried about...

She made me laugh because she asked if she could wear socks when I sprayed her!

I've just had a message from her saying that she was happy with the way the colour is developing, and thanked me for doing it as it seems to be blending in nicely! She's also booked back for another tan next week and some nails!

Happy with my decision... Thank you Geeks for all your help :) x

Agree with Wendy, When you see her you need to make a judgement call. If it's really patchy I would advise her to wait. Exfoliate over the weekend and come back next week.

There is a product called TAN GO Cloth which is a micro fibre cloth that can remove tan patches very effectively. A lot of our customers keep them to clean their hands after a spill for example or for the situation you are in.

Even so the cloth can't perform miracles if someone has really dark patches.

Where do you get tan go cloths from??? x

Glad it turned out ok for you, good call :)

Im really new to tanning and this thread is great, can I just ask the tan go wipes mentioned, are they ok to use say if ur with ur client.t and they have a few odd patches of tan that are fadded, they'd be for that? Which u can spray tan straight over without any residue affecting the tan?

Also I have been wondering how people can be tanned 24/7. I am hooked with tans I feel rubbish when mine is fadding. I go trough a circle of tanning myself, great for a few days then obviously fades off after 3-4 days but then I exfoliate and it seems to take forever to come away from my skin, so for 3 days maybe more im casper white which I HATE. How do u have a constant tan?

The girl that does the cool showers/bath etc is she tanned 24/7?

I dont want to offer spray tans to clients if im looking like casper lol
ps. Sorry to crash this thread but u guys seem to know ur stuff :)

Sent from my G690A using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back