Spray tanning positions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blair

Reaction score
Hi,
I am fairly new to spray tanning and I was trained with Fake Bake. I was only taught a few positions (front, back, sides, and claw hand). Recently a new client I booked was telling my how she hated all the confusing positions, like when your right hand is on your left knee - or something to that extent. Do any of you use multiple positions for the client when spray tanning? Or are there better positions? Please let me know and include pictures if you can!

Haha left hand right knee?! Crazy! Sounds like a dance!

I always just turn my clients. Start with the back. Back arms. Side. Front. Rest of arms. Side. Lastly face. Then again as I like to do 2 light coats :)

Don't confuse your self and stick to how you were taught. As long as you feel you have them fully/evenly covered your fine - That other technique sounds a bit crazy!

Hi Blair,

Tanning Essentials have an instructional Youtube video which you may find helpful;

MT x

Everyone is different and theres no right or wrong way (as long as your effectively spraying the whole body).

Suntana have a tutorial linked to their page if this helps -
http://www.suntana.com/tutorials/spray-tanning-tutorial-video/

I say stick to what you know rather than confusing yourself learning a new technique and possibly missing areas.
If it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

Latest posts

Back