Spray tanning question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebekahsBeauty

Reaction score
Hi ladies :green:

As some of you know i have my first paying client booked in tommorow for a spray tan at my home. I was wondering once they have had there tan once i sprayed it all on can they put their clothes on straight away?xx thanks

As some of you know i have my first paying client booked in tommorow for a spray tan at my home. I was wondering once they have had there tan once i sprayed it all on can they put their clothes on straight away?xx thanks

I would go with what is recommended by Couture as I have not used their solution but with my Tantrick clients I always give them a good 5 minutes to dry off first.

What does your tanning company that you are using suggest.

Have you had professional training - this will be covered in it.

Check out the threads on here for tanning as there are loads full of lots of useful information.

good luck

What does your tanning company that you are using suggest.

Have you had professional training - this will be covered in it.

Check out the threads on here for tanning as there are loads full of lots of useful information.

good luck

Yes ive had professional training with couture, They didnt actualy mention when to put their clothes on. xx

I would check in your manual then as I know its in there as I originally did my training with anne swain in MK and she goes through absolutely everything. However if you can not find it give them a call in the morning and find out.

It will take a good 5 mins for the client to dry naturally
or you can use your spray machine, spray the client with only air coming through to aid with the drying process hth
do you not have the training manual from couture ?

It will take a good 5 mins for the client to dry naturally
or you can use your spray machine, spray the client with only air coming through to aid with the drying process hth
do you not have the training manual from couture ?

Thanks for your help, Yes i have a manual but doesnt say anything about how long to let someone dry off xx

Hi there, just a thought, why not just give your trainer a quick call, I am sure she will only be to happy to go over any questions you may have.
That way you get the right information.
Good luck for tomorrow hun

Hi there, just a thought, why not just give your trainer a quick call, I am sure she will only be to happy to go over any questions you may have.
That way you get the right information.
Good luck for tomorrow hun

Yeah i will do thanks for the idea im sure she will know!..
Thanks hunii ill let you all knw how i got on xx

How did you get on with your trainer?

I've been following some of your posts with interest as I am hoping to venture into tanning this year... I must say i probably wont use Couture if as you suggest above their training and manuals, etc dont even include the basic information like 'drying' times.:eek:

What did the training include?

J

5 - 10 minutes I'd say, I give my client a towel to waft in front of them, this makes them less embarassed as they are hiding themselves, if I am still in the room, often I talk to my clients if I know them, or ask them if they want me to leave the room.

I always leave the room to let them dress/undress.

If your machine is set correctly, the client should be able to dress within a minute of the tan being complete. The mist should be so fine it almost dries as it applies. Use your couch roll to test the spray before commencing and it should be just slightly moist.. if it looks 'wet' then the spray needs turning down. You don't need to 'paint' Tantrick solution onto the client, it can be barely visible when you apply. The colour is after all just a guide colour. As long as you are sure you have covered the body fully, the tan will develop over the following few hours.

I hope you managed to sort it out with your trainer so that you are more confident with your application today :hug:

If your machine is set correctly, the client should be able to dress within a minute of the tan being complete. The mist should be so fine it almost dries as it applies. Use your couch roll to test the spray before commencing and it should be just slightly moist.. if it looks 'wet' then the spray needs turning down. You don't need to 'paint' Tantrick solution onto the client, it can be barely visible when you apply. The colour is after all just a guide colour. As long as you are sure you have covered the body fully, the tan will develop over the following few hours.

I hope you managed to sort it out with your trainer so that you are more confident with your application today :hug:
Totally agree, with the right equipment your client should be ready to go virtually straight after the tan. If they have to hang around for 5 mins the tan has been sprayed too wet.

Latest posts

Back