spray tanning- uneven fade

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjp

Reaction score
the title says it all really! my application is good but as it starts to fade its really uneven and nothing i seem to do helps i`ve tried to lightly exfoliate but always end up taking off too much, its especially bad on the inner creases of my arms any help would be appreciated thanks
karen x

Are you doing the proper prep before you spray, ie no deodorant, no body moisturiser, exfoliating. Is your skin excessively dry in that area. Are you spraying too wet. :hug:

Do you regularly moisturise after that tan has been on for a day or so? this may help.

thanks for the replies, and yes to all of the above! its so frustrating as it goes on so evenly but as soon as it starts to fade i cover up because it looks awful any more suggestions? i`d love to get to the bottom of it, as for spraying too wet i dont think so i use an airbrush but would love to switch to a gun i have the tc2000 compressor is this possible? can i buy just a gun to attatch. i trained with su-do quite a while ago and havnt done any tanning for a while as we moved and until i buy a tent i havnt anywhere to do it.
karen x

What solution do you use? I have found that this happens to me with a certain make but others are fine on me. I have put it down to my type of skin as we are all different.

Don't forget at this tiem of year with the heating on and cold weather our skin tends to shed more. Make sure you exfoliate on a regular basis and payspecial attention to those problem areas, we all have areas that are more pront to dryness than others mine is my forehad adn find that thsi fades quicker than other palces. i knwo use a facial scrub every other day on it and its not as bad as before probably would help if i regualry moisturised that area as well.

What product are you using? Some solutions break down much quicker than others due to poor ingredients and poor quality DHA this could be the cause of your poor fade.
Liz

hi, i use su-do i havnt used any other solutions so maybe i will try something else and see what the results are like. can anyone please give advice on changing from an airbrush to a gun? just to recap i have the tc2000 compressor can i buy a gun as an attatchment to use instead of my airbrush? many thanks
karen x

Hi Karen

The TC2000 can only be used with the airbrush, I tried years ago to fix the gun to this compressor and it really wasn't powerful enough to cope. This is why Su-do linked a TC2000 with a TC5000 inside the Blitz machine, it's combined pressure was then powerful enough to push the solution through the gun resulting in a fine mist rather than spurts!

A spray gun works best with a HVLP system, there are a few around but if you do like a smaller machine, then the MiniMist would be more suitable for you.

If you would like to try a sample of Tantrick solution, or would like more information on the MiniMist please drop me a line and we'll get some over to you.

Kind regards

Mandy x

I thought I read on a thread somewhere that Su-do might have changed the formula of their solution slightly as some St'ers had thought the solution seemed different. Could have been on here or over at Find Spray Tanning Technicians, Salons, Suppliers in your area.
I can always send you a sample of Liquid Sun by Vani-t if you like.
Liz

Latest posts

Back