Spray Tanning - What do I need ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazbar

Reaction score
Hi All,

I will be starting spray tanning soon as soon as I have had my training and want to be ready to get started straight away. So my question is what exactly do I need ? I have made a list so far :

Machine
Tent
Solution
Information for clients - aftercare etc
Couch Roll to stand on

What else do I need ? I have seen lots of things such as hair covers etc but do you really need these ? If anyone could tell me what they use throughout the tanning process I would really appreciate it.
Also, what do you carry the gear around in if you are mobile ?

Caz

Barrier Cream for hands - I use Palmers Cocoa Butter - its cheap and it works
I do use hats - otherwise the overspray could go in the hair - I will try and find the link for you where I purchase.
I use my Tantrick Carry case to carry around in
Some people use sticky feet - I dont as I put a large bath sheet in the pop up tent with couch roll on top
Aftercare leaflets

Best wishes with your tanning. xxx

Hi All,

I will be starting spray tanning soon as soon as I have had my training and want to be ready to get started straight away. So my question is what exactly do I need ? I have made a list so far :

Machine
Tent
Solution
Information for clients - aftercare etc
Couch Roll to stand on

What else do I need ? I have seen lots of things such as hair covers etc but do you really need these ? If anyone could tell me what they use throughout the tanning process I would really appreciate it.
Also, what do you carry the gear around in if you are mobile ?

Caz

Hey caz,

I use a body drench cream from couture which i rub into clients elbows,ankles,knees and palms of the hands.

You would also need client consultation cards which you write all the details of the client on them.

If you wish to have leaflets get them.

I dont use any hair caps,thongs etc as the tanning lotion does not affect hair and people usualy use there own old undies.
It would be best for you to get some gloves for u to wear when tanning clients as it can sometimes overtan you palms

You would also need just some kitchen roll incase you get an overspray on the client,use this to wipe it off, you wil also use this to spray onto when testing the lotion on the kitchen roll to see if its too dark or not enough spray.

Also get a big sheet of blanket to lay on the floor, just incase you get lotion on their carpet and just to be sure.

To carry around you stuff just get a big plastic box with a cover to put it in, thats what my trainer done.

Hope this helps.xx

You should use caps if their hair is bleached or very blond

Its a good idea to have some wet wipes with you to wipe off any solution on the palms of their hands and they're also handy to wipe underarms if they've forgotten to wash off their deoderant.

Nikki
x

Good idea to have a face mask, overspray or no overspray the particles still fly through the air, this is how allergies start(inhilation) and if you suffer at all with Hay fever rhintitis etc.. better to be safer than sorry. Client record cards, pen, copy of a gp request (just in case and ony with new client), aftercare leaflet, hair nets, barrier cream and a dark coloured towel(i use this instead of couch roll), solution, light, extension lead,tent, anything you want to retail to client_ Solar oil to cover nails, tan extender, body shower/scrub. All mine fits in a small hodal from tescos £5 and i coil my house in with my tent.

Good luck

Hello All,

These are the things i carry in my kit

Cubicle
Machine
Solutions (only 8 & 10% as anymore make tanning too complicated!)
Barrier Cream (water based is better)
Disposible hair caps (chemically lightened hair is pourous and will soak up tan)
Consultation cards (must must must insurance insurance insurance!)
Black towels (new towel for each client to stand on as couch roll blows about to much)
Tan remover Wipes
Extension lead (which I just leave in the car, just in case there is no plug socket near where you can pop the cubicle up)
And I keep a few retail bits and pieces in my car just in case client wants to buy anything

Hope that helps

Thank you all so much. That was very helpful. I will get shopping :)

Latest posts

Back