Spray tanning white knees?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empress Patel

Reaction score
Hey guys did a spray tan for a friend the other week, took the barrier cream off her knees after the tan and was faced with very noticeable white knees!! I did everything as I would usually and was puzzled as to why it had happened...maybe I put too much barrier cream on? Help please xxx

How do you take it off without affecting the tan you've just put on??? I apply barrier cream, spray over it and leave to develop.

Barrier cream is exactly that ....... a barrier, so the tan lotion wouldn't get through it
I was taught to to use a slick of moisturiser no less than an hour before tanning ( to give it time to absorb)

I don't think your supposed to take it off after the tan? I think your supposed to put a tiny amount on then just leave it to develop. I don't use barrier cream though I just use a lighter spray over dryer areas x

When I did my training we were told when showering night before to apply moisturiser to elbows knees and heels if dry . Only use barrier for palms .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ah ok...I'm sure I always take off the barrier cream...thankfully it was for a friend and not a client! She found the funny side to it! I will leave it on next time lol. Thanks for the advice ladies :) x

I don't use a barrier on knees or elbows etc. I use crazy angel wing spray. It's fab. I never get anyone with overly tanned toes, knees etc.
But when I used to use barrier I don't wipe it off, only off palms x

Sent from the catphone

The nouvatan barrier cream only blocks the spray by 50%. I always use it on knees, elbows, hands and feet and never have a problem.But don't wipe it off after! Xx

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Nouvatan and put barrier cream on feet/ankles/knees/hands/elbows then spray. Tan looks natural, no removal of anything!

I use Sienna x barrier cream and was taught to apply to elbows knees and backs of feet. Plus any dry bits.

Definitely don't wipe off after the tan it should be a teeny bit and all absorbed anyway. If you wipe it off after the tan it will wipe the tan off which is why there is white knees.

Jemima :)

I don't understand why you would wipe after you've sprayed? Am I missing a trick?

I don't understand why you would wipe after you've sprayed? Am I missing a trick?

Lol okkkk my bad I get that...being pregnant is beginning to take it's toll on me...Baby brain!! :0 xx

I know that feeling!

Jemima :)

Barrier cream is exactly that ....... a barrier, so the tan lotion wouldn't get through it
I was taught to to use a slick of moisturiser no less than an hour before tanning ( to give it time to absorb)

sounds like the ideal plan in this instance

Latest posts

Back