Spray tanning yourself!!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
This is going to be a weird question but ladies who offer spray tanning, how do you spray yourself? i don't always have the boyfriend on hand to do it and want to keep my tan nice as a good example for clients! Any tips and tricks would be more than welcome!

I have trouble waxing my own eyebrows always end up scaring myself! So have trained my husband to do it, however he thinks still that more is best, and end up with tons on and major fogging of the beauty room! He does really well on the back and front but when he gets to legs and arms not so good!Mustn't complain I suppose as I really don't think I would be able to spray myself!

One of my therapists spray tans herself and actually does a decent job - I've no idea how as I've tried and failed!! Most of the staff in my salon spray each other, but if you haven't got anyone to swap tans with then does your tan company retail a spray or mousse that you could use yourself if you need to? :hug:

I used to manage to spray myself and my little girl would stand on a step and do my back (she was actually quite good for a 6 year old!) i now have a friend who spray tans so we spray each other....only trouble is we tend to inspect our tans a bit too thouroughly and end up telling each other where we have gone wrong:D suppose it keeps us on our toes tho...:lol:

i tan myself, it does help to be a little flexible. i wear gloves and spray my legs first then torso then lower back (pressing trigger with thumb) then upper back (over shoulder) then arms and face then remove gloves pop on a little moist and a quick spay on hands. the most difficult part is making sure you havent left a stripe down back of arm 2 elbow so with your arm straight across your body check in mirror. i must say i use sudo tan and its pretty fool proof as long as youve covered eveywhere it doesnt matter about over spray and runs it still develops all the same col x

I use a mit I got from superdrug I think! most tanning companies do them but I did'nt need an order so just picked it up there. I decant some soloution in to a small 100ml bottle then just put it on mit, tip it up on mit so its like lots of little cirles less or more depending on which body part lol and it works great for me :D xx

I always spray myself and the only dodgy part is the feet, they always end up with toooo much tan. You do have to be flexible i agree, but it can be done:D

YAY finally pilates has paid off for something! i managed to spray myself fairly well back of arms and the middle of my back were particularly difficult so it's nowhere near perfect but i think it's just going to take some getting used to! Thanks for all the tricks and tips geeks :)

Latest posts

Back