Spray Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
I know some of you offer this service and i'm wondering wether to look into it myself.

Can you do it mobile? If so how? Where in the clients home do you do it & how do you do it???

Would it be better just to do it when i'm in my home salon?
What's involved?

Sorry for all the millions of questions about it but as you can see, i know nothing about it, never even had one myself - yet.

Thanks all XX

Hiya Bev i offer Spray tanning mobile and don't find a problem. I use a popup tent which i bought from ebay for £104 so a bargain.

Try doing a search on spray tanning and you will find loads more infomation.

When i went to the G-Mex there were pop up Spray Tan Booths - I think you could do it both Mobile & From Home with These xx

just watch your overspray....i impulse bought my fantasy tan compressor and airbrush....got LOADS of overspray i could never have done it in a clients house and didnt want orange walls in my own house either so sold it on.

I HEAR Tantrick is good...

Hey Bev Rose,

I use Tan Trick and think that the results I've got from doing a couple of tans is great, no overspray or anything. They are a great company to deal with too. I've got a mini mist mobile tan machine and a pop up tent. It's fab.

Have a moouch on their site. Or give them a call and speak to Mandy or Stuart. Theya re great.

Happy hunting.

Claire

I used to use sun junkie ... really good, hardly any overspray (this also depend on the type of compressor you use). I used to do it in the clients bathroom... good for privacy as well as being easy to clean up afterwards if you do happen to be a bit messy. Worked a treat for me. Fishing bivvys from argos are also good pop-up tents!!

If you want to work mobile there is a new great product called Vita Matrix available now in the UK. It's a tanning lotion with anti aging. It is sold per gallon or 32oz for spray gun and also you could sell the home and travel series to your client. For more info call me 0870 005 3715

hello!

i bought my spray tan system from the beauty exhibition at the olympia earlier in the year, unfortunately the company 'Tropical Spray' went tits up just after i got my machine. but i got it as a whole mobile spray system, the machine is small and light you just pop the strap over your shoulder and hold the gun, it also came with the pop up tent, 5 litres of medium solution, 1 litre of light solution, 1 litre of v.dark solution, barrier creams for palms and feet, leaflets, gloves and paper knickers, and some other stuff. as i say tropical spray went bust but i've seen other companies doing similar deals. the deal i got was £650 for the whole package.

when i go round to somone's house i pop the tent up (it has a zip up door so you can use it as a changing room too) put a black towel on the bottom of the tent, it has a plastic base built in to the tent but if you put a towel or bed roll on the floor inside, it helps to stop any solution getting on the soles of the feet when the client moves around. it's really quick to put the tent up and down and saves a lot of mess, it also has a clear cover to go on top just incase any spray goes upwards! i also put a few sheets of bed roll just in front of the tent just in case a bit of solution drips out of the gun on to their lovely cream carpet.

when you've had a wee bit of practice putting your tent up and down and you get all your equpiment put together how you like it, it's really quick and easy to do mobile i did a spray for a ladies wedding this morning and i was in and out in just over 1/2 an hour (my machine dries as well).

hth

Latest posts

Back