Spray Tanning!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzlingtouch

Reaction score
I know it is completley off the subject of nails but i am really interested in spray tanning and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice. I have looked on search but cant find any info. I am interested in the airbrush and compressor and not the booth. Can you do this service mobile? Are there any companies anyone can recomend? Is there any training or would i need to get videos to learn?

All help appreciated

Lisa

dazzlingtouch said:
I know it is completley off the subject of nails but i am really interested in spray tanning and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice. I have looked on search but cant find any info. I am interested in the airbrush and compressor and not the booth. Can you do this service mobile? Are there any companies anyone can recomend? Is there any training or would i need to get videos to learn?

All help appreciated

Lisa
Contact Su-do they do a compressor & airbrush which is fab for mobile spray tanning - tel 01423 340040.they train nation wide aswell and they tan is fab colour & you dont need a booth just towells for floor...you dont need a video its dead easy...atb Louise

Thanks for the reply, i was just wondering how you only need towels on the floor doesnt the spray go every where.

thanks lisa.

I used to do spray tanning , and i used to stand my clients in a shower base, if you know what i mean, cos it was easy to clean afterwards!!

The tanning spray doesnt go everywhere, cos you work about 6 - 12 inches away from the client, and it comes out in a really fine mist, just the same as when you're airbrushing nails.

I also did the su-do course, and found it really helpful.

kitkat2004 said:
I used to do spray tanning , and i used to stand my clients in a shower base, if you know what i mean, cos it was easy to clean afterwards!!

The tanning spray doesnt go everywhere, cos you work about 6 - 12 inches away from the client, and it comes out in a really fine mist, just the same as when you're airbrushing nails.

I also did the su-do course, and found it really helpful.

is it really that easy???????????

i agree with louise - su-do is fab - i use it and have done for about 12 months now - no mess. im sure if you contact them they will help you. they were great when i first enquired.

hope you find something soon

dazzlingtouch said:
Thanks for the reply, i was just wondering how you only need towels on the floor doesnt the spray go every where.

thanks lisa.
cause your spraying the body not the room! seriously, i do this in the shower but whne wiping the walls there is no overspray - if you don't get it on the person only you are just wasting money - and trust me after a few practices you will be this accurate....all the best with your plans

I want to do this too, but i'm waiting for Olympia cos i reckon they'll be some good deals there :green:

Aphrodite said:
I want to do this too, but i'm waiting for Olympia cos i reckon they'll be some good deals there :green:

i do airbrush nail art and love that so do you think ill pick up airbrush tanning easy please tell me of any probs i might get

dazzlingtouch said:

All help appreciated

Lisa
Hiya,
I use solaris by salon solutions and it's the best!! no seriously it is the best liquid on the market, it gives u a natural tan ( you don't look orange) I have it in my salon and I work closley with the maufacturers they are also fab!!! have a look at their web site on through the link on my website oasisnails.co.uk, hope this helps X
Amanda :cool:

Its been great reading this post as I too am looking at spray tanning and ANY advice is a help. I already have a SIMair TC2000 compressor for my nail art, does anybody know if this is OK to use for tanning too, or do I need to re-invest in a new compressor? Will be checking out the options at Olympia but in anyone can point me in the right direction beforehand it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Shaza

Hi Shaza...
Yes the tc2000 is fine for airbrush tanning...i bought the tc5000 and i am going to be using su-do tanning...i watched their video yesterday and it was showing useage with both compressers...you may need to use a different needle and nozzle in your gun though...hth...let me know how you get on!

denisejacqueline said:
Hi Shaza...
Yes the tc2000 is fine for airbrush tanning...i bought the tc5000 and i am going to be using su-do tanning...i watched their video yesterday and it was showing useage with both compressers...you may need to use a different needle and nozzle in your gun though...hth...let me know how you get on!

Hi Denise

Thanks for that - think I will check out Su-Do at Olympia and invest in a new airbrush gun just for tanning.

Shaza

Yes you will. I started out doing airbrush nails and now doing a su-do tanning course on the 30th of march. I didnt have to buy a new compressor, i just rang tech support @ su-do and they advised me that my current one was suitable but i would just need to get a different adaptor. so i have just purchessed the airbrush and liquid pack which cost £195.00.

Hope this info is of help.
Julie
glenda said:
i do airbrush nail art and love that so do you think ill pick up airbrush tanning easy please tell me of any probs i might get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back