spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I have just bought the paint sprayer from argos which is identical to the ones that sundrench is selling at £99. I usually use the iwata compressor with st tropez and su-do. So i thought i would get it to try, and wow!!! bet tan ever and sooooooooooo quick took about 4 mins in all. (ps my rep recommended it to me)
It only cost £70 bargain!!

I use the sudo, Its really good, have been using it for nearly two years...

Have been trying a new solution though, just to ensure I keep up with the marketplace.(tried three others too, which weren't very good!) and I found the new solution fab, really good colour and difficult to make mistakes with! Not widely available yet though!!

If you buy the sudo bronze, you shouldnt get too many problems, and I find that you dont have to mess around with pre moisturising hands and feet as with some products..

Sue

Little Angel said:
Hi all

I have just bought the paint sprayer from argos which is identical to the ones that sundrench is selling at £99. I ususally use the iwata compressor with st tropez and su-do. So i thought i would get it to try, and wow!!! bet tan ever and sooooooooooo quick took about 4 mins in all. (ps my rep recommended it to me)
Its amazing that companies sell these products for hundreds of pounds for spray tanning, when they are actually for spray painting your fence etc!!!!!! watch out for the motor life of these machines, its usually about 500 hours and not reccommended for continual salon use (ok if you are doing one a day etc)........also be aware of the filtration or should i say lack of it............because it sucks in air from around the enviroment it is in ie: kitchen, bathroom or salon, and the filters are not very good it will spray any particles out on to the body that have been sucked in.......be aware of products like these.......dont want to put a downer on you Little Angle and fom what i hear you can get good results.........its a minefeild out there!!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda

Have you got a copy of this month's Sally's offers brochure? Inside United Beauty have an ad for the training they are doing at Sally's venues for the Solglo tanning solution and of course, the HVLP system you can get from Sundrench at a fraction of the cost. So if you are undecided about the machine it only costs £30.00 for a half days training! I have booked mine this morning - see if I can pick up a few tips. Having siad that I sprayed my daughters and I have never done it before and it is really not bad at all. Better than some tans I have paid for.
Good luck
Liz

Little Angel said:
Hi all

I have just bought the paint sprayer from argos which is identical to the ones that sundrench is selling at £99. I usually use the iwata compressor with st tropez and su-do. So i thought i would get it to try, and wow!!! bet tan ever and sooooooooooo quick took about 4 mins in all. (ps my rep recommended it to me)
The Sundrench system has been modified with a smaller nozzle for more accurate spraying.. I guess this is where the extra £30 comes in.

K4ylee said:
The Sundrench system has been modified with a smaller nozzle for more accurate spraying.. I guess this is where the extra £30 comes in.

Just to make a little note here if any have purchased the sundrench system if u look at your reciept the spray unit is only £69 and the solution £30!!!

hi aman da ho u getting on with it ??

do u get loadsa over spray ???
wat u think of those booths do u need one with sun drench ???
xx

K4ylee said:

The extra £30 is actually for the litre of Sundrench solution......£70 for the machine, so we actually had it modified free!!

love Fiona x.

fidev said:
The extra £30 is actually for the litre of Sundrench solution......£70 for the machine, so we actually had it modified free!!

love Fiona x.

Sorry just realised Diesel1978 has already answered this point!! Just ignore me!!

emmalouisa said:
hi aman da ho u getting on with it ??

do u get loadsa over spray ???
wat u think of those booths do u need one with sun drench ???
xx

Hi Emma,

Lets just say 'my poor mum!!!'. She was my guinea pig lol!!!! I figured i had set the spray settings all correctly and so i proceeded to spray my mum well it came out so fast i was getting runs everywhere!!! Any way i completed spraying and when she was done it did'nt take long before it was dry.
We did it in the bath and i did'nt put a towel down in the bath so as she turned to get sprayed in the bath she kept standing in the overspray.....well it was sooooo funny cos when we were sat having a cup of tea later on i just noticed her feet!!! they were choclate brown!!!!! I have never laughed so much.......just a good job she was my mum!!!
Even thoug i did get a few runs i just dabed them with some tissue and after 5 hours the whole tan was even no streaks.....perfect........oh apart from i left a white bit on her inner arm which i resprayed the following day and every thing still looked even!!!

i have done a few now fathomed oot how to turn the spray setting down and i get really excellent results!!! The colour that it turns out may not be to everbodys liking but that is the same for any system.....i used to use st tropez and found it brill for a one time application but found top ups were terrible!!!!
My partners uncle was gobsmacked when he saw my mum yesterday......we told him she had been to malaysia and boy did he reel it in.....he could'nt believe how great she looked!!!!

Hi Diesel1978

Was it sundrench that you used?

Thanks

HI Jane
Yes it was the sundrench that iused!!

thanks

I take it that you would recommend it then?
Do you have the cheaper system, which I believe was originally designed as a paint sprayer?
Can't decide if it's worth spending the extra money on an expensive one - or is the result the same?

thanks for your 'experience'

janeburrows said:
thanks

I take it that you would recommend it then?
Do you have the cheaper system, which I believe was originally designed as a paint sprayer?
Can't decide if it's worth spending the extra money on an expensive one - or is the result the same?

thanks for your 'experience'
Hiiya,
Take my advise and invest in a proper spray tan system........it is designed for spray tanning and the filtration is exceptional, also be aware of the HVLP sprayers as they are not designed for continual use..........................i have a system and do on average 8 spray tans a week................a HVLP sprayer couldnot accomodate this............also overspray!!!!!!!!!................i get minimal overspray
Amanda

Lily

What system do you use? And how do you use it - booth, shower, bath?
thanks

HI Jane
yes it is the £99 one!!! I have used other spray systems and do find this one just as good with the results......
At £99 can you afford not to try it!!!! If i did only 10 people at £10 each i would make my money back.......to me it is worth it just for the practise and to see the response from my clients old and new!!! If there was not enough response i would be glad that i had not made an overly large investment and if i got a good response then i would possibly consider buying a fancier spray unit.......but i really think i would stay with the lotion!!
And like my partner says when i am finished with it he can use it for spraying car and bikeparts!!!!!

I use the heavely bodies sysem at the moment but I rent space from someone esle so haven't invested in a booth, which from my experience is v necessay. I just use a dehumidifer at the moment...and I should use a mask...blow yr nose after you've done a spray!! My paln is to open my own salon when I move back to Plymouth and then I will definately be investing in the full monty system from Solaris.

The money from spray tanning is excellent...if you get it right ... but the oversparay and mist must be dealt with.

The girls who I rent my space from say that their paper work turns brown when I'm spraying...don't take it lightly!!

janeburrows said:
Lily

What system do you use? And how do you use it - booth, shower, bath?
thanks
Hiya,
I have a static spray booth with built in extraction (for overspray) and compressor
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back