spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kellyc said:
Hi guys just been on the Su-do site www.su-do.com and they do a tanning kit which includes all your cleaning materials you need, lotion, colour feed bottles, airbrush video, training manual, poster, sticker, customer care leaflets and more for 99.95 or with the airbrush as and the kit 194.95, i think this is a good price though i may be wrong as you get your training material with it, has any1 got any comments or advice before i invest in one??? and does any1 use su-do? thanks x
Hi Kelly

I did my Su-do tanning and nails training last month and have their kit. Its great and all my clients love it. I will add that I have the 0.4mm airbrush for the tanning and not the 0.6mm in the kit. My trainer advised that the 0.4mm is better as is give a finer spray pattern and is therefore easier to control (yes I am probably going to be shouted down in flames here but it was an official Su-do course and she was just giving me her personal opinion). Got my kit thro Aston and Fincher as they do the kit WITH the 0.4mm airbrush. I use the lotion with bronzer coz I think it smells nicer (reminds me of holidays whatever they are LOL) and it means my clients go away with a touch of colour too. As clients need to exfoliate beforehand I always recommend the Fake Bake Body Polish coz it smells really yummy and works a treat.

Shaza

Hi,
I have a sundrench system too. I was using St Tropez for ages, but after trying Sundrench I would quite happily never do a St Tropez again.
The colour of the tan solution is great, I think its a more natural colour than I was previously using and the machine is really easy to use.
It takes less than half the time to do a tan and its not as messy if you put up a booth or some kind of protective backing on a wall. Get the client to do all the moving so that you are only spraying in one direction and not spraying all over the place, or you will find that your other stuff gets some overspray.
If anybody is in 2 minds whether to invest in a spray tanning system I'd say go for this one!
Kirsty xx

Hi Kirsty, what training have you done, is it hard to get an even tan? thanks x

right my sundrench kit has come,just got some questions now, is it set at one permanernt pressure, coz i cant see anywhere with a pressure regulater, and how do you clean it afterwards do u use airbrush cleaner or just water , i didnt get any instructions with it so hhave no idea, !! and i wanna try it ,

dee said:
right my sundrench kit has come,just got some questions now, is it set at one permanernt pressure, coz i cant see anywhere with a pressure regulater, and how do you clean it afterwards do u use airbrush cleaner or just water , i didnt get any instructions with it so hhave no idea, !! and i wanna try it ,
Dee, you should have the nozzle on the round setting... so its pointing diagonally.. this gives you a better view of where you are spraying and eliminates too much overspray.
There is one permanent pressure.. but you regulate how much tan comes out by adjusting the lever on the handset with the screw at the back the less pull there is then the less tan comes out.. have it about half way... and finally.. I dont clean mine out because I'm so busy with it its never lying for long enough and I'd be scared to lose a lot of solution.. but you could clean it with water until it runs clear..I leave the well filled with solution.. I dont pour it back into the bottle.
Hope this helps..

PS.. you get a really even tan because the nozzle is so tiny... perfect!

Have fun!
Kirsty
xx

K4ylee, how long does it take you to do a full body with it and do you use the sundrench solution in the machine or a different one

lindag said:
K4ylee, how long does it take you to do a full body with it and do you use the sundrench solution in the machine or a different one
Hi,

A full body takes literally 5 mins to spray and 5 mins to dry (as long as its not too humid - otherwise the client might still be a bit sticky).. I use the sundrench solution because personally I think it looks like a natural suntan.. everytime I get re-sprayed everyone thinks I've just come back from holiday (and the sundrench machine).

Love,
Kirsty
xx

Oh.. and I have sprayed my hubby's hairy legs with it.. (took a bit of persuading tho!) the colour wasnt so deep (probably couldnt get thru the thick forest of hair!) but it still looked good.. and he had a tan line with a quick spray!!

K
xx

They have tried to deliver mine today and i was out working!!! I am so not impressed!!!

i have just tried to do my legs, and i am sure i will look like streaky bacon in the morning lol :rolleyes: it is a bit strange at first the lever is a bit on the twitchy side but i will try hubby when he comes home how far away should i stand , any ideas anyone ,

dee said:
i have just tried to do my legs, and i am sure i will look like streaky bacon in the morning lol :rolleyes: it is a bit strange at first the lever is a bit on the twitchy side but i will try hubby when he comes home how far away should i stand , any ideas anyone ,
When I got spray tan done on me the lady was about 8 inches but I'm not sure, are you streeky now, can you see the color as you apply it.

has anyone got the iwata spray system???? its around £380 delivered to your door ??????

lindag said:
When I got spray tan done on me the lady was about 8 inches but I'm not sure, are you streeky now, can you see the color as you apply it.

I actually spray from about 2ft away. I find if you go any closer you get runs.....that's why I haven't been succesful in applying my own spray tan!!

There is a nice natural guide colour in the Sundrench, which you can actually see getting darker before your very eyes over the 5 hours!

It's the best tan I've used tho......and I've used St.Tropez for years!

Fiona x.

K4ylee said:
Oh.. and I have sprayed my hubby's hairy legs with it.. (took a bit of persuading tho!) the colour wasnt so deep (probably couldnt get thru the thick forest of hair!) but it still looked good.. and he had a tan line with a quick spray!!

K
xx

Hi, did the solution not just sit on top of the hairs? Did you pat it in to the skin?

thanks, Fiona x.

Hi, I've been watchin this thread on the sundrench tanning, I would love to offer this as I only offer fakebake at the mo, but i've got a smallish room in a salon that i rent and was wonderin if this would be suitable or do you need a large room.

Thanks
Alli

alli said:
Hi, I've been watchin this thread on the sundrench tanning, I would love to offer this as I only offer fakebake at the mo, but i've got a smallish room in a salon that i rent and was wonderin if this would be suitable or do you need a large room.

Thanks
Alli

A corner would do you if you could pin up a shower curtain into it. I use a tri-fold wicker screen with a shower curtain attached on to it......so as long as you can stand about 2ft back from your client that should be fine!

Fiona x.

Thanks, should manage it ok, how long does sundrench last, someone said about ten days

allison

alli said:
Thanks, should manage it ok, how long does sundrench last, someone said about ten days

allison

I find the colour lasts well because it has 8% DHA.....although everybody is different and tan will fade quicker on some people than others.
Take a wee look at the wanted section and find the "wanted Su-do tan" thread, because there is a lot of information there!

hope this helps, Fiona x.

fidev said:
Hi, did the solution not just sit on top of the hairs? Did you pat it in to the skin?

thanks, Fiona x.
Hi Fiona, Sorry it took me so long to reply.
I thought it would just sit there in little beads, there was some sitting on the hairs but actually it went right thru, I think thats probably why it wasnt such a deep tan as I'd normally expect. No, I didnt pat it or try to rub it.

Kirsty
xx

does anyone have the web site for heavenly bodies tanning please? not sure if their site is down at the mo cos not getting much look thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back