Spray Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebekahsBeauty

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Im new here & im a Spray Tan Technician.

I thought id start this thread to get new and different opinions on Tanning lotions, Machines & other tan related stuff.

Who do you think is the best and worst solution to use?

Which machines does everyone use?

And what do you think are the busyest times & best advertisment options?

Thanks! :hug:

Hi there

I use Tantrick and think it's fantastic before that I used a solution called Perfectly Tanned which was awful and a couple of people came out in a rash with that - needless to say I didn't use it very long. I use the minimist machine and I am mobile so this Xmas has been busy and I find due to having another job in a school I catch the school leavers prom so I am normally busy around that time. :):)

Firstly, I would just like to say that I'm new to the site and I'm so glad I found it as I've found your advice invaluable! Thank you all for being so helpful and for sharing what you've learned about the industry! :hug:

I've been a therapist for 15 years and I'm just about to go into spray tanning for the first time! I've done quite a bit of reasearch and had a few tans done by the different companies. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with Sienna-X. It seems to be a lovely colour and quite long-lasting, and it smells really nice!

I have a question though that some of you may be able to help me with... has anyone here bought any of their equipment from or know anything about spraytansupermarket.com? They seem to have exactly the same equipment as Sienna, it even has the same names, Truespray etc, for about £100 less in total. Is it a bargain, or is it too good to be true!? Thanks for your help xxx

Firstly, I would just like to say that I'm new to the site and I'm so glad I found it as I've found your advice invaluable! Thank you all for being so helpful and for sharing what you've learned about the industry! :hug:

I've been a therapist for 15 years and I'm just about to go into spray tanning for the first time! I've done quite a bit of reasearch and had a few tans done by the different companies. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with Sienna-X. It seems to be a lovely colour and quite long-lasting, and it smells really nice!

I have a question though that some of you may be able to help me with... has anyone here bought any of their equipment from or know anything about spraytansupermarket.com? They seem to have exactly the same equipment as Sienna, it even has the same names, Truespray etc, for about £100 less in total. Is it a bargain, or is it too good to be true!? Thanks for your help xxx
Hi Hun,
Yes I bought my pop up cubicle and my cubicle extrator fan from Spraytansupermarket.com Really nice people to deal with. When you buy from them they keep you updated on all special offers etc. You won't be disapointed, very helpful. Good luck lotsa luv x :hug:

Hiya Im tantrick all the way.....and now a trainer for them, you cant beat the product and the service its second to none
hth

Thank you so much!
I had never heard of the site before so was a little wary! I didn't know if maybe the equipment wasn't quite up to scratch, or maybe they didn't have any after sales service.
Just on that note, although slightly off thread, I've recently dealt with and been very impressed with massagewarehouse.co.uk. Lovely massage bed and very, very cheap!
Anyway, thanks for your help guys. Your advice has been fantastic in helping me make the right choices. I will let you know who I go with and how I get on.

And by the way, my Sienna tan is still going! Had it on Thursday and it still looks brand new! I've had lots of sprays at salons in the past, mostly St Tropez and Naturasun. When I'm a client, I'm very fussy and I'm very impressed with this one. Hope that's helpful to someone! :)

Thanks again xxx

Hi. I use Tantrick :) and the T100 machine, i buy all my bits like thongs, feet and hair nets etc; from siennax. :)
i have been trying a few solutions over the past week and the only one im not so keen on was celeb secrets coz its just a bit red, take the red away and its a nice solution, xx

I'm still unsure what solution to go with, i know everybody says how great van-t and tantrick are but they may be able to charge more for their treatment. I need to keep my costs down :eek:. I'm using sun lab at mo but would like something with cheaper aftercare, I've used 2 samples of sienna x but still seem to get the splatter effect on the skin and i do not think the guide colour is as rich,

Any words of wisdom for me?

I'm still unsure what solution to go with, i know everybody says how great van-t and tantrick are but they may be able to charge more for their treatment. I need to keep my costs down . I'm using sun lab at mo but would like something with cheaper aftercare, I've used 2 samples of sienna x but still seem to get the splatter effect on the skin and i do not think the guide colour is as rich,

Any words of wisdom for me?

I know you say you want something cheaper, but my only words of wisdom are you get waht you pay for. And so do your clients. That goes for solutions, machines, and service.

Why do you hint that you can't you charge what other people charge for a spray tan? How much do you charge?

I started with a cheaper solution....people didn't come back. Once I'd switched to using premium solutions, my business grew overnight.

I think someone once said to me "you are only as good as the solution you use".
Find one that you like and trust and if it costs a little more but does a beautiful job lasts well and has your clients rebooking and recommending you then I would think it would be worth the additional cost.
I have tried and tested many (and still do with any new ones.) At this time I personally feel their is nothing that matches Vani-t. However that is only my opinion and I base that on its colour its useability and last. But most impotantly by the word of mouth recommends i receive. My business went and is still going from strength to strength after I introduced this solution.

Find one that works for you and your clients if it cost a little more, you will probably recoup this and more... Good Luck x:lol:

Latest posts

Back