Spray tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lainey11

Reaction score
HI there, im just starting a mobile spray tanning business if u like to call it, i dont have any equipment yet so first off wanted to know whats good to get and if any solutions will go in it? 2nd thing is what solution is best to use, i was looking at xen tan as i use the normal tanning product of that at home on myself and it is great but not sure where i can even get the big bulks of solutions, so that would be my 3rd question where can i get good prices from without being an established company myself just an independent normal costomer but wanting to buy bulk for good prices! please can some1 get bk to me plz x :eek: confused by my gobble sorry! :lol:

you need to reaserch brands and get relevant training and insurance
i just trained with solglo and find it very good

Hi and welcome to geekland!! Lol . Spray Tanning is an excellent business to be in.....to research different companies type spray tanning into the search box at the top of the page and you will get loads of info. Also read the tutorial Sassy did, guide to spray tanning.....its in the tutorial forum...(I dont know how to add a link!! help!!Lol)

Sienna X is the company I use and I think its fabulous, but equally on here we hear about spray tanning techs that use, Vani T, Sudo, Fake Bake, Celebrity Secrets, Xen Tan, Bali Sun and Tantrick. If you put any of those names into the search box on here it will bring up all the info about those particular products.

In answer to one of your questions, about different solutions going through your machine, generally speaking yes you can put different solutions through your machine but that is also depending on what machine you have and what solutions your using!!
One of the most important things to do is to get some accredited training for spray tanning so you get your skills, knowledge and insurance which is vital. All the companies I mentioned above also offer training.

Good luck and happy searching!! :hug:

You can train with most companies it really doesnt matter as you need to do loads of testing befor you decide which one to actually go for . Go onto The Tanprofessional website they offer training they will show you different types of machines not just one so you can decide for yourself which one most suits your needs they also stock the top brands you can sample them and choose the one you like the best. I use Urban Tan and Xen-tan . You need training and insurance befor you work on the public.

Also you dont want to buy too much in bulk as the solution is out of date after a year, you alo need to rearch your target audience as well, which age group are you aiming for, how many other tanners in your area, what they use and how much they charge.
HTH

hey thanks guys for all ur comments it reallt does help. was also wondering what u think of the shadez hvlp turbine spray tan unit as this is the one i have purchased at the moment is it any good any1? Ive decided to go with tantrick and xen tan no all i have to do is try get hold of the stuff. this might also b me being silly but on the xen tan website it say airbrush solution is it the same and can it b used for spray tans not airbrushing? Or do they do a separate fomular for the spray ones? thanks peeps x:Grope:

Hi Lainey,

Phone Natalie @ Skin Solutions (Xen Tan offical UK Provider) on 0844 800 7661. The solution can be used in your machine infact it's the same machine they provide you with execpt it doesn't have a marketing sticker on it!!!!!

Jakki

Hi Lainey,

I'm from Burton Latimer in Northants, your more than welcome to come and have a play with my kit and see what you think xx

thank you very much thats great louiser.... its great i can use the xen tan solution to, i love it! do u have the same machine as me then hun? and what product of tanning do u use? Are u a mobile tanning? And do u know of many others in our area as i dont know any1 that does it! xx

Last edited:
I can't help too much but I know as well as your spray gun and tent you have to have an extractor for health & seafet reasons (apparently) someone might be able to put me right on this but I'm sure that's correct.

hi there does anyone know if there is a fake bake tanning course in merseyside pref liverpool or wirral as i am going to do mobile nails and spray tanning ?

thank you very much thats great louiser.... its great i can use the xen tan solution to, i love it! do u have the same machine as me then hun? and what product of tanning do u use? Are u a mobile tanning? And do u know of many others in our area as i dont know any1 that does it! xx

You can still use any solution you like. You can always ring round some suppliers and see if they can send you some samples to try.

I have the tantrick minimist mobile, its a good machine and really good for mobile. I use tantrick solutions.

I go mobile and also have some people at my home salon.

I've not heard of many that do it mobile so we're quite lucky I think! xx

Last edited:
I've just looked at your picture and I was in the same year as you at school!

Latest posts

Back