Spray Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there
Just to let you know I bought the argos one which you can also get from machine mart. The argos one comes with a 1.8mm needle, we felt the spray came out too wet. So I rang Earlex and ordered a 1mm needle about £4 and came the next day, it works fine if you screw the nozzle right down. They also confirmed to me that the machine these other companies sell for a lot more money is the same make. One particular company modifies it themselves. Earlex are currently doing experiments on refining the sprayer.
So far the argos spray is fine, I could have had an industrial type spray but that is far too heavy, so I am quite happy with the sprayer from argos, it is quite noisey but does the job.

Deb379

Hi guys

Well, I have been chuffed to bits with my Earlex HVLP from Argos, did all my friends for Xmas and it worked a treat!

It is just so quick, although I have to say, having the spray tan cubicle really helps the whole process a lot quicker, it takes literally seconds to put up/take down.

Does anyone else use one? If so, do you put couch roll on the floor of it? Tried this but you seem to blow it around when doing the feet!

Hi cutey cools

Yes I have a cubicle and it's great. I put a dark coloured towel on the floor and couch roll just outside for when they step out.

Deb379

Cutey Cools said:
Hi guys

Well, I have been chuffed to bits with my Earlex HVLP from Argos, did all my friends for Xmas and it worked a treat!

It is just so quick, although I have to say, having the spray tan cubicle really helps the whole process a lot quicker, it takes literally seconds to put up/take down.

Does anyone else use one? If so, do you put couch roll on the floor of it? Tried this but you seem to blow it around when doing the feet!
Hiya,

Blowing the couch roll around whilst doing the feet? This means that there is too much air/liquid being blown out.............I invested a few years ago on a proffesional Spray Gun and Compressor ans when i do the feet it never blows the couch roll!!!!!

Also i was wandering how much liquid do you need for a full body tan............i only use about 30-40ml per body and i hardly get any overspray!!!! But i do have extraction!!!!

Amanda

hi girls

I have a compressor and airbrush and they definitely don't blow too much air, but isn't that part of the benefit of the HVLP - it blows warm air at the same time as the spray so you partially dry at the same time? How noisy is noisy - Earlex told be 60 decibels which is meant to be quite quiet....

x

Hiya,

the system i use, filters air and blows it out onto the body and is almost dry when it comes into contact with the body...........the HVLP doesnt have the same filtration and basically it sucks air in from aound your enviroment ie salon or wherever you are doing the spray tanning and then blows it out onto the body, so if you have a warm salon then it will be warm, its usually the liquid which needs to be cool otherwise it may de-stabalise, so thats why you may feel like its cool air coming out.

I personally dont like the HVLP sprayers for proffesional use, but each to their own........

Amanda

Latest posts

Back