Spray tans and stretch marks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tammye1234

Reaction score
Hi I've just a client in for a spray tan,when she got in the booth I notice she had loads of stretch marks I sprayed her as I normally would but im not sure if there's tips that any 1 has that would help he in future as the spray didn't seem to cover as if normally would x

Spray tan won't cover stretch marks or scar tissue it will just make them more obvious. So best to advise clients prior to tanning.

How do you mean that is didnt seem to cover? Is it that the streach marks didnt seam to cover?

Stretch marks are like scar tissue and they start quite red and then fade in to a silvery colour.
If you have sprayed over the area where they are for example ab area then dont worry it wil be fine. No technique is going to make them appear better or worse , it is the clients skin.
In my experience of clients with stretch marks the tan has always made the stretch marks less noticeable. so once the tan develops she should be looking great.
Im my ove experience of stretch marks , rescue oil 2 times a day for 6week plus makes them fade and shrink and are now barely viable.

I wouldnt worrry , youll find in time that you will come across more and more clients with stretch marks. The majority of my clients have them from a few small lines to really big ones.
Just spray as usual thats all you can do, or advise on regular moisturising to minimise them, unfortunately i wouldnt recommend rescue oil while they are getting tans as it will totally ruin the tan and strip it. HTH

I have stretch marks (they are very faded though) and it doesn't make them worse at all when I get sprayed. In fact I always feel it improves their appearance but maybe I just feel better as I am tanned lol :-D

There is nothing you can do but to spray as normal. I wouldn't say anything to people about them, IF asked I would tell them that the spray tan will react the same way as a natural tan does and ask if they have noticed how theirs reacts to being tanned previously.

Mine look better with a tan as they are less noticable, mine are old ones that have faded to a silvery colour.

I have seen stretch marks that have been more noticable with a tan than without one too so I don't think there is a hard and fast rule as to if they will look better or worse when tanned I think that is (as has already been said) just down to how the clients skin reacts and there is nothing we can do about that.

I had a client last night with lots of stretch marks (she'd recently lost 3 stone) and very severe scarring under both arms. As she had quite a... (I don't mean this badly) 'messy' skin and body I was worried that the tan was looking messy after. But it's just the body you're spraying it onto tbh.

Aww thanks guys fingers crossed she will be happy with her tan (she's a friend so no doubt she will tell me the truth lol ) xx

I have been having a similar worry this morning. Last night I sprayed someone who had a small scar on her cheek (about a cm long), woke up this morning wondering if I should have put some barrier cream on it to prevent it looking darker as it's on her face. What would you guys have done?? X

I have been having a similar worry this morning. Last night I sprayed someone who had a small scar on her cheek (about a cm long), woke up this morning wondering if I should have put some barrier cream on it to prevent it looking darker as it's on her face. What would you guys have done?? X

I have a small scar under my eye and it never goes darker or a different colour when I do my spray tan so you shouldn't worry.

Also, I have some small stretch marks on the top of my legs and I think the tan makes them look so much better it blends them in with the rest of my skin x x

Spray tans make my scars and marks look better when washed off. They do however look worse after I have the tan on for about 4 days and it is starting to come off.

Spray tans make my scars and marks look better when washed off. They do however look worse after I have the tan on for about 4 days and it is starting to come off.

I feel less self-concious about mine after a good spray, and the upkeep of the regularly spraying (exfoliating, moisturizing, etc...) has actually help them heal better.

If they have deep grooves in their skin from the marks, I would recomend having them apply a thin layer of aloe to their abdomen and letting it dry before spraying them. Aloe helps balance the skin's ph level and will help fill the grooves to prevent over-dying of the marks.

I have two scars on my arm and they look more prominent after any tan. Natural, spray or self tan. And my stretch marks look worse too. I think you should treat each client individually as previously mentioned. You shouldn't assume it will make them look better as it isn't always the case x

Latest posts

Back