Spray tans at events?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry1984

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Wondered if I can ask for some advice. I've been given the chance to attend a event where I can advertise my spray tans and other treatments I offer. Apart from the usual handing out flyers business cards etc has anyone else got other ideas? I would of liked to done mini sprays on the face and I know most will attend perhaps with make up on but thought if I had face wipes with me and consultationsaid have been signed what do you think? Any help would much appreciated. Thanks geeks xx

Wear your tan if you can and take pictures of different tan shades. Take your appointment book with you and offer a discount for anyone who books there and then.

I wouldn't expect many to have a tan that day but you never know. What other treatments do you do? X

Wear your tan if you can and take pictures of different tan shades. Take your appointment book with you and offer a discount for anyone who books there and then.

I wouldn't expect many to have a tan that day but you never know. What other treatments do you do? X
Hi Flawless beauty
Yes I will do. I love having a colour .
Yes I've got some pictures organised etc but some people are skeptical about tans..... Orange look! I just wanted to show them you know . I do waxing and tinting to but yes I'll definitely take my diary for bookings and like you say offer discount. Thanks x

Let us know how it goes x

My sister was offered a FREE spraytan at the beauty show a few years ago and that got a crowd! (No bra! Nearly died!)

Pinkknailss you've reminded me of a trade show I went to years ago and they were doing this and I passed the set up just as a lady who was being sprayed turned round to face outwards....yes ! No bra in full view of everyone milling about [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15].
Bravest lady in the world I thought...and everyone walking about was like me, politely pretending it was something you see round every corner but I was secretly awestruck at her nerve (and I mean nerve in a good way ).

OMG no way I have a couple of friends who would probably do the same haha.
I'm guessing your sister @pinkknailss filled out a consultation and was happy to be sprayed there and then with no pre care?
I might still offer mini face sprays ( if not allergic etc) what do you think @pinkknailss and @motherbird xx

Hiya, I hope this doesn't offend you but I would worry with face sprays. How would you stop it going on their clothes? Would they still have to strip off? And where would you stop spraying? What if you sprayed faces dark but pale necks? Or if you do necks as well what if they want to wear a strappy top the next day but have tanned face and neck but pale shoulders. Maybe bring a model as a demo spray if you know someone happy to do it? But I don't think faces is a good idea Xxx

Hiya, I hope this doesn't offend you but I would worry with face sprays. How would you stop it going on their clothes? Would they still have to strip off? And where would you stop spraying? What if you sprayed faces dark but pale necks? Or if you do necks as well what if they want to wear a strappy top the next day but have tanned face and neck but pale shoulders. Maybe bring a model as a demo spray if you know someone happy to do it? But I don't think faces is a good idea Xxx

Hi hun ( @Lipstick Kisses) oh no not at all. I appreciate all opinions thank you. I have a black cape like what hairdressers use. Only cos 2 friends of mine just like the face Tanned so was gonna use that. But I think your right go Tanned myself or take a model? Thank you though xx

Kerry1984 don't be put off by my post ...I'm not a spray tanner so wouldn't dream of giving advice about that....I was just giggling because pinkknailss reminded me about the whole top off thing and it had made me laugh again at my reaction. !!! Good luck with whatever you decide, look at it this way....it certainly caught my attention ! Otherwise I might not have looked and I would have walked on by none the wiser.

Kerry1984 don't be put off by my post ...I'm not a spray tanner so wouldn't dream of giving advice about that....I was just giggling because pinkknailss reminded me about the whole top off thing and it had made me laugh again at my reaction. !!! Good luck with whatever you decide, look at it this way....it certainly caught my attention ! Otherwise I might not have looked and I would have walked on by none the wiser.
Thank you @motherbird if anyone does strip wanting a tan I will let you all know. Xx

Can I ask a quick question as I've not yet done my spray tan course but have heard you need to skin test 24 hours before is that not the case then?

Lovelocksx - I was also going to ask this as I have to patch test with my spray tanning & I know myself how important it is after not being patch tested myself then having a reaction!! Not horrific like a tinting reaction but my skin was so itchy it drove me crazy for a week-typical when you want them to last they don't and when you're having a reaction they seem to last forever!
I suppose it depends on your brand and insurance if they're both ok with you not patch testing? Xx

Id rather patch test if im honest x

Have a sheet for them to write down their name, number and email for a competition or something - That way you can email them monthly with news/offers etc

I would not really spray the face even in my tan sessions with clients I very rarely spray the whole face but instead do a light mist. A lot of people break out with tan on their face and get black heads so better to not do that at a show to be honest, also for the rest of the day what if it rains on their way home or they knock their face or wipe it accidentally and they get patches or streaked!
You could get a bad name , so just spray yourself, offer a discount for app booked at the show perhaps. What I did was offer a free aftercare product and didn't discount my service the reason being I didn't want to suddenly go up in price . So free product was a free bee not.

Good luck and all the best I hope you are very successful I. Your new salon launch xxxx

Can I ask a quick question as I've not yet done my spray tan course but have heard you need to skin test 24 hours before is that not the case then?
Hey @LoveLocksx
I was never taught to patch test when I did my spray tan course last year although the tutor mentioned that if when doing a consultation and your client has sensitive skin and never used any self tanning products then best to patch test. I've come across this once and therefore dab a small amount behind the ear and wait 24 hours. My tutor said 9/10 majority of people have had a spray etc and should be find but when doing your consultations and you know what product your going to use then ask them if allergic to those ingredients.
Hope this helps hun and good luck when you do the course xx

I've heard different, your to psych test each new client 24 hours prior but as I said I'm yet to take the course so will find out more next week x

I've heard different, your to psych test each new client 24 hours prior but as I said I'm yet to take the course so will find out more next week x
It's always best to check with your insurance company anyways hun, just to be on the safe side. Everyone on here's says different to me too. Some never patch test but yes let us know how you get on x

Latest posts

Back