Spray tans - how many at the moment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkangel

Reaction score
Sorry guys...

Following on from my earlier thread, I'm still trying to suss out this tanning stuff and how I want to go about it....

Can anyone give a rough idea of how many tans/parties etc are about the norm for this time of year, and are there (I guess there are) seasonal drops? And I realise there will probably be a difference depending on location, but any info would be really helpful!

I apologise for the 'twenty questions' but I'm just trying to check out viability before I splash out!!

To be honest I don't really do spray tanning parties. Even though I advertise them people just don't seem to want them. I've done one in one year!! I'd say I do on ave. 1 - 2 tans a week. But if I promoted it more I'd get more so basically it depends on how much you push it. I'm busy being a mum and do beauty too, so it is hard for me. Anyway this is my experience. Take care xx

i only started spray tanning this year and during summer having at least 1 if not more spray tan parties per week for 5 or more. also doing individual tans. I have found once you have sprayed them once thay spread the word and this leads on to many more bookings.

i do between 5-10 tan a week at the mo xx

5-10 tans a week is great Shelley, is that all from word of mouth?? :)

I am very very new to spray tanning, only started 3 weeks ago, but I have 5 booked in for this week. That is the most so far, did one last week and 2 the week before, that is just from a poster in the window at the salon where I rent a room.

joe90 said:
I am very very new to spray tanning, only started 3 weeks ago, but I have 5 booked in for this week. That is the most so far, did one last week and 2 the week before, that is just from a poster in the window at the salon where I rent a room.

how do u do it? in a tent thingy? and can i ask how much u charge? and are they naked? :eek:

`I do mine in a tent; they stand there with bikini bottoms or similar, and get sprayed from there.Not many people I've sprayed have been naked.

I use a tanning cubicle (collapsible) and they either wear pants (cotton, as the solutions washes straight out of cotton), bikini bottoms or the disposible pants that I supply. I charge £25 for a full body tan, which takes me 10-15mins and I am doing quite a few a week (6+) at the moment, even with my broken wrist, as I only need one hand to spray tan.:)

I started at the start of June with spray tan cubicle and I have already paid for my whole kit. I have at least 1 or two parties a week booked in and get at least 1 if not more parties booked from each one. I also have individual bookings too throughout the week.

I'm just a student and don't yet do spray tanning but where I live its really popular all year round, the women and even some of the men love to have all year round tans and since people are more aware of the dangers of sunbeds a lot of former sunbed users (like myself) are looking for alternate ways to get a golden glow. Before I became a mummy I used to get a spary tan every 2nd week at my local salon but due to lack of funds (and having to pay rent etc and be responsible) I had to stop and just buy cheaper fake tan to do my own. My big sis still goes all the the time though. I think there is good business to be made in spray tanning but maybe it will differ from area to area? Hope that helped a little:D

can i ask how some of you have advertised your mobile tanning business and managed to pick up a regular clientelle base? im looking for ways to advertise and just wonder which ways you guys approached this

dales nails said:
can i ask how some of you have advertised your mobile tanning business and managed to pick up a regular clientelle base? im looking for ways to advertise and just wonder which ways you guys approached this

I have done leaflet drops and I advertise in the salon I work in, although I don't tan in the salon as its "Nails Only"! This has been great cos I target the salon clients and had alot of bookings from it. I am just about to do a 4 week Ad in the local paper so I really hope it works as there not cheap! I'd say word of mouth and the Salon has worked well but I just want to try and reach a few more people!!!!

I use Tantrick and have been spray tanning for 6 months. I do between 4 to 10 a week. I was quieter during the hot weather, but hope it will pick up again now. I also advertise the parties, but haven't had one yet, they just don't seem so interested, but find ladies prefer a Pamper Party, mini mani's and pedi's or gel holiday toes. I do an offer for the tanning which always gets people to book more.

Hayley

Latest posts

Back