Spray tans in January

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellybun

Reaction score
Hi, am looking to start up mobile in January (I know not the best time) just wondering if many of yous do spray tans at the start of the year. What brand is popular to go for as my bottles has been opened a while so guess it probably will be no good also I always get asked what brand I use & get no where as no one knows it. I have been looking at OMG but don't want to be carrying around a lot of bottles also what treatments are the best for starting out

I do mobile spray tanning and January is by far my quietest month. I would probably hold off a little bit longer and use January to trial different solutions and perfect your technique before letting yourself loose on the public.
There are so many different solutions out there so it's best to trial a good few before settling on one.
My top 3 favorites are:
1. Suntana
2. Nouvatan
3. LA Tan
The worst I've tried is OMG, closely followed by LDN Skins.
Good luck.

I do mobile spray tanning and January is by far my quietest month. I would probably hold off a little bit longer and use January to trial different solutions and perfect your technique before letting yourself loose on the public.
There are so many different solutions out there so it's best to trial a good few before settling on one.
My top 3 favorites are:
1. Suntana
2. Nouvatan
3. LA Tan
The worst I've tried is OMG, closely followed by LDN Skins.
Good luck.

Interesting , why didn t you like ldn ? X

Interesting , why didn t you like ldn ? X
I got samples of tone 3 and 4. Tried the 3 on myself and it was far too dark for being the lightest. Very un natural and faded to a very yellowy colour. I wasn't keen on the smell of it either. I didn't try the tone 4. I mentioned this to LDN at the time and they advised that the solution is more suited to air brush machines rather than HVLP.

I'm thinking of doing the same in January.. I love the st tropez manual tan! Don't fancy buying it all if it's not gonna be popular as just starting up :(

i used omg for 6 months when first starting out then on to fake bake very happy people didnt mind paying more for a better solution, i found omg nice colour & smells only used 9% & 12% but sticky which isnt nice

That's funny coz my clients and I love OMG ! The smell, the colour and the fade off have been fab with us all :)! I'm looking into doing nouvatan and Lauren's way aswell though for a range x

i used omg for 6 months when first starting out then on to fake bake very happy people didnt mind paying more for a better solution, i found omg nice colour & smells only used 9% & 12% but sticky which isnt nice

I use fake bake - perfect tan every time ... And i can charge £20 per tan all day long as the clients know what they are paying for ... Top Quality products, from a brand name they know, I also retail the exfoliator and oil free moisturiser ...
I provide 3 different tans:
original / 60 minutes / darker
(not many have darker tho this time of year so I only stock darker from may - sept)
But I do have tan clients all yr round ... **January is usually quiet on tans tho as its a long payday month from dece ... But i still have a few **
(and you'll always have the clients who want a £10 tan - but that won't be from me)
Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi, am looking to start up mobile in January (I know not the best time) just wondering if many of yous do spray tans at the start of the year. What brand is popular to go for as my bottles has been opened a while so guess it probably will be no good also I always get asked what brand I use & get no where as no one knows it. I have been looking at OMG but don't want to be carrying around a lot of bottles also what treatments are the best for starting out

Ldn skins is fab xx

january is quiet , but spray tanning is popular all year round,winter being my busiest months,i use celebrity secrets(fantasic colour guide golden tan, range of %), nouvatan(good colour guide,lovley natural tan,range of %) both excellent tans ,both can be used for contour tanning.i also use fakebake,(colour guide like gravy browning,fresh smell,lovley brown tan)sienna x ( i found to be horrid to much yellow undertones ) laurens way, (great colour guide,range of %,on par with fake bake)there really is not a lot of price differance in a well known brand then any other brand, so ring and ask for samples,spray tanning is a very profitable buisness,and very easy to learn,with min outlay, you do need to stock at least a 10% and 12 %.but with the profit margin so high you will earn money back in no time xxx

I use OMG lovely smell great % s brown not orange. I have reformed previous clients who had bad tans and were worried to being thrilled with their tan. I have had bad tans from sienna and st tropez. I do feel that part if it is also application. I always make sure my gun is set right before spraying client then its hard to go wrong :)
Xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for all the replies, will try & get some samples of all suggested. Is it better to go with a well known brand of Tan

I think well known brands are better with every treatment...

I have a question for those of you who use different brands of tanning solutions. How do you market it? I use Crazy Angel and love it. I am so passionate about the results I have no problems selling it to my clients. However if I offered another brand surely I am giving the unspoken message that Crazy Angel is not all that?

Hope this makes sense? x

Iv used the st tropez lotion training at college and think it's amazing manual tan!! Has anyone used the spray?

I've tried every tan on the market.. Always end up going back to sienna X.. I'm a big brand person myself and often think you only get what you pay for. I have had many a bad treatment in the past, now I would much rather pay the extra and get the results I want. Sienna is fantastic. Second to that OMG. Smells great too. So many brands to chose from these days! X

My bad tan was sienna that why I thimk person doing tan has big influence. Love omg.xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My clients love LA Tan because it actually makes them go a brown, dark colour whilst still looking natural. I have converted many clients from Sienna X because, whilst it does give lovely tan, it's more of a 'glow' than a nice dark tan.
Don't worry too much about it being January, having a tan is well sought after all year round. The month I first started was Feb and people loved it xxx

Nouvatan all the way!! long lasting, lovely mango smell, range of colours and customer service is brill!:) xx

It has to be Sienna x all the way. Clients have firstly heard of it and secondly they love it. But it isn't just the solution that matters. It goes without saying as long as you offer a proper quality job your clients will keep on coming back. You will be fine though I am sure. Go for it xx

Latest posts

Back