Spray tans in pregnancy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren121

Reaction score
Hi guys thought I would ask you pros a question my friend is pregnant and got told by the midwife she couldn't have them due to all the chemicals in the spray and she said it penetrates into the skin and could harm baby? Is this true cos I've seen posts from you saying you can still perform them whilst your pregnant? If you could give me some info that I can pass on to her as she is in the stage where she feels ugly and can't do anything to feel good x

I was told you can spray but to warn them that due to the hormone levels that they'll either end up with the best or worst spray tan in their life ;)

Could that also depend on how far along she is too? X

They advise not to spray in the first 12 weeks due to (god forbid) incase anything was to happen you could be sued although there is nothing to prove that it does cause miscarriages it's just to cover ourselves but even after then due to the hormones the tan is most likely not going to take, I've had 3 babies in the last 3 years and my tan wouldn't take. Then for anyone breast feeding they most keep their boobs covered and not sprayed! I would imagine if a pregnant woman was to have a reaction she may not be able to take any medication to help it. You are also best ringing your insurance and seeing what they say as they will probably have their own guidelines aswell

first trimester the tan becomes patchy due to the hormones. however it depends on the brands- most are developed with a form of a colourless sugar that is deepened with the guide colour, some solutions contain fragrance oils. (worthwhile looking at the ingredients.)
I've never experienced any problems unless a client wasn't aware they were pregnant!:eek::p:D xoxo

Thanks for all the help I will pass it on to her and hopefully cheer her up abit! X

As said already it's the first trimester that's a no-no, hormones levels are up the wall. However, I'm pregnant and had a spray well into my second trimester and it was awful was my usual tan, sprayer, routine etc but was so patchy, really really itchy and faded terribly, has really put me off spraying whilst pregnant now.

As said already it's the first trimester that's a no-no, hormones levels are up the wall. However, I'm pregnant and had a spray well into my second trimester and it was awful was my usual tan, sprayer, routine etc but was so patchy, really really itchy and faded terribly, has really put me off spraying whilst pregnant now.

Latest posts

Back