Spray tans that do not give the dreaded orange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzleuk

Reaction score
I am looking to change my existing spray tan liquid due to complaints :-( I would be interested to know what experienced spray tan technicians use (not suppliers please) I know a supplier will stand behind there product 100% even if it has been proven to go Orange (coming from experience lol) so would love soe feedback from Spray techinicians only, that result in a nice fade result and a nice brown please :D

I use LA Tan 10 and this is nice and brown with a good fade off. Sienna X are very popular to and do have the advantage that a lot of people know the name as they are big on marketing.

The only true answer to this thread really is to get some samples. Spray tanning solution really is down to personal preference and also down to the clientelle you have.

Ring round a few companies and get a few models on board to help you decide. A few i would recommend sampling are-
Sienna x
La tan
Nouvatan
St tropez
Brown bitz
Solglo
Fakebake.

Good luck xx

Sent from my X10i

Hi I recommend Sienna x, iv used tuns of dif tans in the past 5 years, and my clients love this tan, the rapid tonight's the night 3 hr one is fab! X

I have been using LA Tan for about 18 months now but haven't gained that many new clients. I don't know whether it is because I use LA Tan (maybe I'm just a cr*p spray tanner!!) but I am thinking of going back to Sienna purely because they are a recognised name. There is a lot to be said for how well known the product is. Doesn't necessarily have to be a better brand, people just like a brand name.

I have done a like for like comparison between Sienna and LA Tan on my legs and there is no difference to the colour, the fade off is slightly better with LA Tan in fact, but people don't know LA Tan. If I am being compared against another spray tanner in the area that does use Sienna X and the client knows the brand, they are more likely to go for the other spray tanner. IYGWIM?

You didnt mention what solution you currently use but i am using OMG. I really like it and my clients seem to as well.

I am justreceived Laurens way but i haveheard its orangey - but am yet to try it.

OMG I think leave a really natural colour ,I use 9%, 12% & 16%
They are quite reasonably priced to when youcompare to other companies -I think you can order samples?

I use OMG as well. Have had loads of positive client feedback about it, and it smells great!!

Nouvatan!!! it's a gorgeous brown colour, do you mind me asking what your currently using? X

Love Nouvatan!​

Sienna X xxxxx

Ive just changed from OMG to Suntana & am loving the results. Ive used the 10% & 12% so far not had anyone want to go darker to the new 14% i think with it being winter but no doubt as summer starts to creep in it will become more in demand.
I found the fade off with OMG the problem. Good if you want your tan to last forever & you do not exfoliate very often but bad if you say want it gone after 10days. Then it started to go patchy as soon as you exfoliated.
I'm really impressed with Suntana the customer service, delivery & product is brilliant but like others have said its all personal preference so get on the phone & order some samples.:D Good Luck.

I seem to be in a minority here, but I love Xen-Tan, expecially now they have brought out booster drops for a darker tan. It's not really dark, but everyone loves it, it's golden/olive, definitely not orange and fades very gradually and evenly. An "up-market" one to go for, if that's the sort of thing you want.
Good luck choosing
Beauty Quest:)

I use St Tropez brand for my spray tans. Ive never had any problems using it or had any complaints. It has a golden brown natural colour no matter what skin tone the client has. Its expensive to buy but i love it!!

I also use Suntana and have never had a reason to change.
But do remember, the % DHA you choose to spray your clients with needs to be the correct % for their skin tone. If not, this is when the tangoed look with take place.
So in actual fact, any product has the ability to go orange, if it is not applied correctly.
x

Vani-t, not an orange tone in sight! Ring for a sample it's fab x

Sienna x and Su-do are fab! I find most people have heard of Sienna X and not of Su-do though. I also got lots of samples and tested them. su-do also do a 6% great for nervous clients, very pale skin clients or people who haven't had a spray tan before.

Good luck x :D

Sienna X!

However saying that I'm in the middle of a massive trial of other brands!

Iv not had a problem with Sienna X but just making sure I'm not missing out!! :D I have a very large collection of samples to get through he he x

Tan solutions formally sun labs, everything else is totally inferior, best on the market

WOW factor's organic range is lovely but try a few samples from different companies as what one might think is orange another will also solutions go different on different skin type so see which suits you best.

Latest posts

Back