Spray tans that do not give the dreaded orange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nouvatan is the best!

i use brown bitz and i sampled tons of brands on my mum to get feedback! brown bitz is mines and hers ultimate favourite! doesn't even look like you've gotten a spray tan! seriously natural! this week my cousins coming round for a tan so i'll get her to do before and after in a bikini xx

i finally got around to spraying her, i know this is before showering but i've asked her to take a pic tomorrow :) as you can see the guide colour is gorgeous too! no orange with brown bitz <3

stacylouise-albums-tanning+x-picture45627-before-x.jpg

stacylouise-albums-tanning+x-picture45628-brown-bitz-sherbit.jpg

stacylouise-albums-tanning+x-picture45631-tan-line.jpg

Nouvatan.

I have red hair and very pale (blue lol) skin - 8% gives me a lovely healthy glow, 10% I look like I have had two weeks in the sun and tan naturally and even with 12% I just look like I have gone extremely brown - No orange at all. Just the 12% doesnt have such a great fade off for me because its too dark for my skin tone.

Just trialled Sunless Solutions - I fully expected to look like TOWIE and I dont its not orange at all in fact 10% looks really natural on me - dont know what the fade off is like because I only got sprayed yesterday.

I use Su-Do and it isnt orange at all!

Just got Lauren's Way to try out. Had a shock at first as the guide colour is so dark!! :p

My personal favourites are:

Sienna x (perfect for all)
A-Tan (great colour for fair people who want a golden tan)
Lauren's Way (great for younger girls who like to be darker)

My personal favourites are:

Sienna x (perfect for all)
A-Tan (great colour for fair people who want a golden tan)
Lauren's Way (great for younger girls who like to be darker)
what is laurens way like? I really want to buy some! How much was it? I'm going to order brown bitz very soon aswell!

Hello there,

I just wanted to leave a quick post. I know you were keen to hear from Spray Tan Technicians and not Suppliers, however I work for a supplier, but also I am a Professional Spray Tan Therapist too. I only use products that I am passionate about and truly believe work, so thought I would leave you a message.

I am not sure if you have heard of Xen-Tan, but we supply both Professional Spray Tan and Retail products. We are well known for producing a golden, olive based colour, that looks very natural and above all doesn't turn orange.

You can read plenty of beauty blogger reviews about our products by just doing a search on Google and our Professional Spray Tan Solution is based on the very same formulations.

Should you want a sample, you can obtain one free of charge by calling 0844 800 7661.

I hope that helps.

Nouvatan for me too.
However, regardless of which brand you use, it's very important to ask your client how easily they burn in the sun and impress on them the importance of moisturising.
I'm not trying to teach the poster how to suck eggs, my reply is aimed at anyone else reading this who doesn't spray tan yet:)
I have had girls tell me they want to go mega dark:rolleyes: but if they only have to see the sun to get burned then the fact is, they will go orange if they have more than an 8%
I find that to be a better guide than their winter skin colour. One of my regular clients, looks like your typical English rose, but she can spray as dark as she likes, (lucky lady) I on the other hand inspite of having a mother who was half Italian and half Arab can only wear the 8%:irked:
Any way, Nouvatan, great product, the clients love how it smells, how it looks, the fade of is amazing and the price is very good.

Hello there,

I just wanted to leave a quick post. I know you were keen to hear from Spray Tan Technicians and not Suppliers, however I work for a supplier, but also I am a Professional Spray Tan Therapist too. I only use products that I am passionate about and truly believe work, so thought I would leave you a message.

I am not sure if you have heard of Xen-Tan, but we supply both Professional Spray Tan and Retail products. We are well known for producing a golden, olive based colour, that looks very natural and above all doesn't turn orange.

You can read plenty of beauty blogger reviews about our products by just doing a search on Google and our Professional Spray Tan Solution is based on the very same formulations.

Should you want a sample, you can obtain one free of charge by calling 0844 800 7661.

I hope that helps.

I would love to use xen tan and have tried a sample but was told I have to spend £150 on my first order which has put me off as I'm starting out and just can't afford that at the moment! :( do you know if there is anyway I'd be able to just get a 1lr bottle to start off with? :)

After hundreds of tans I and bad solutions I always use Nouvatan___ have used st tropez, OMG,Suntana< sienna x and more recently the Laurens Way and by far the best is Nouvatan. my clients love the golden brown tones it has in it and the super moisturing feeling afterwards with even fade off perfect!! Laurens Way-- the younger girls looking for the essex tan (great for PROMs lol) love it but I dont use it on my older clients as it is a little too orangey, and the fade off on some of my mature ladies was a bit patchy not good!!!

If you go to our facebook page you can see what 1000s of tanning professionals and their customers from around the world think. Aviva Labs | Facebook

I love OMG tan. No orange in it. A lovely golden brown tan. You can also buy as much or as little as you want. No min spend.

I use and LOVE LA tan - have no complaints at all and get lots of recommendations and re books.

I am not bothered that they have no big presence like St tropez, Fake Bake etc. Most of my clients just want a decent tan, no orange etc.

I also am very strict on what strength solution they have - I choose and of they don't like it they don't get a tan! Most people are happy to go with what I choose and I always say I would prefer them to come back for a free tan if its not dark enough than over do it and make them orange!

I have just switched over to LA Tan and I love it! Very natural and very brown apposed to orange here's a pic after a shower :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338658869.506874.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338658869.506874.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 234
I am using Crazy Angel which I feel gives a lovely natural golden colour, not orange! it smells fab and lasts over a week.

I have just bought some LA Tan and am very impressed with it - its a much deeper browner colour, more braziliany lol - it dries quickly too :Love:

vant t lovely but cost so much ............... novatan ia good as well :Grope:

vant t lovely but cost so much ............... novatan ia good as well :Grope:
also did use la tan but my clients hated it as it was hard to breakdown ........been mobile tanning for a year

i think st tropez is virtually fool proof and always gives a natural colour and even fade. there is a new st tropez dark now too! i also use suntana as a cheaper option too which is also good xx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

You didn't mention which solution you are using or how long you have been spray tanning, I am sorry to say that sometimes inexperience and incorrect application can cause problems with the final color, do you do a proper consultation, do you ask how easily she tans, what is her hair color and eye color etc. all these things matter. I would suggest you ring your supplier in the first instance and tell them that you are getting complaints, they may have had a bad batch and be dying to give away freebies to make up for the problem, if it is the application then a 5 minute conversation will sort everything out. Are you overspraying? Some solutions only need one coat, others only a couple of light mistings etc. Don't say your supplier is solution is bad until you are sure that you are doing the application perfectly.
If you don't tell them they don't know

It is always easy to blame the supplier, but actually they are the professional scientific minds making it possible for us to make a living and guess what usually we are the problem not the solution. ( Tanning solution)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back