Spray tans that do not give the dreaded orange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 for OMG never orange and always most natural.

St Tropez, never orange but a lovely golden sun kissed finish.

I use brown bitz and fake bake. I find a tan will only have an orange tinge if you use to high a percentage for an unsuitable skin type.

I use the brown bitz very dark even on pale skins and it doesn't look orange it's a lovely tan.

You need to sample a range and see what you like best

Thank you for all your feedback :) def food for thought :) I do not want to say what I am using, but I am currently experiencing an awful fade off on alot of clients an orange look on alot of clients as it fades off clients and overall about an over 50% unhappy result. I have tried various % and have just found it not even the slightest bit comparable to a brand I have used for a while and never experienced this problem. I want a product that if a client wants to go slightly darker than normal they are going to be brown and not orange. I could do this with my previous product but cannot do it with my current product. I just want an overal better product.... I think I will trial a few more and see where it takes me :) Thanks guys for all your help xx

I use solglo and find that it gives a nice tan and fades well , I have also tried crazy angel and that was ok too, I am happy with solglo but often think of trying other brands and like reading other people's opinions x

I can recommend He-Shi come in 8%(gold) 10%(dark) 12%(supreme) it goes on fabulous and fades evenly..

st tropez all the way!!! x

I've been using Nouvatan since October and tbh I'm not really too impressed. I've had absolutely no complaints but can't say that I'm in love with the product and yet it has great reviews - so maybe it's just me!! I'm thinking of giving Sienna X, Fakebake or St Tropez a whirl to see if any of those can excite me!!

We used californiatan which was amazing and the most popular spray tan in our area which had su do and sienna I think :)

i use brown bitz and i sampled tons of brands on my mum to get feedback! brown bitz is mines and hers ultimate favourite! doesn't even look like you've gotten a spray tan! seriously natural! this week my cousins coming round for a tan so i'll get her to do before and after in a bikini xx

I can recommend He-Shi come in 8%(gold) 10%(dark) 12%(supreme) it goes on fabulous and fades evenly..

Are you pulling our legs 'He-Shi'!!!! Hahahahahaha

If it is genuine I apologise but seriously there is no way you could market this without being laughed out of town!:biggrin:

Nouvatan for definite, you can't go wrong!!! And at half the price too!! You should defiantly try it!!! X

Are you pulling our legs 'He-Shi'!!!! Hahahahahaha

If it is genuine I apologise but seriously there is no way you could market this without being laughed out of town!:biggrin:

Iv just googled it and it is a tan lol! Xx

Sent from my X10i

Iv just googled it and it is a tan lol! Xx

Sent from my X10i

OMG! Think they need to sack their marketing manager!

Gonna have a look now. Still Laughing!

Ohhh and apologies to anybody I might have upset!

Sienna X!

However saying that I'm in the middle of a massive trial of other brands!

Iv not had a problem with Sienna X but just making sure I'm not missing out!! :D I have a very large collection of samples to get through he he x

Me too, but I cant find anything that is as good a Sienna X, its just fab x

Hi

i personally love sienna x, it gives a great natural colour and fades evenly without patches i would recomend it 100%

Vani-t, not an orange tone in sight! Ring for a sample it's fab x

Vani-t is a good spray tan, found a girl on gumtree who was doing it, went to her for around a year then she moved to brasil :cry: im very pale and never once did i end up orange even when we experimented with the darker lotion.

xen-tan is a funny one for me, as i said im really pale, i bought the cream in dark from house of fraser, applied it for the first time and actually couldnt see a difference in my skin, applied it the following night and there was a subtle difference, not worth the money i payed for it but have heard all good reviews just cant understand why it didnt work for me :confused:

st tropez or if they want darker he shi.

Been using Urban Tan for 4 years - gives brill colour - fades as you would expect

However, recently tried a new tan called Beach Bum tan The Quickening which develops in just 1 hour for a light tan, 2 hours for medium and 3 for Dark. The fade on this was OUTSTANDING - in fact you didn't even notice it!

After a big blind trial I chose LA Tan.

I got loads of samples from different companies and lots of models and sprayed them with solutions (they did not know the brand) then I asked them to complete a small questionaire about the tan. After that tan had gone they got another spray tan from a different brand (again not knowing the brand). I had a record of exactly who had what brand in what percent.

My results were very interesting and all of the popular brand names came out quite low with LA Tan & Nouvatan coming out joint first. The price was the final factor for me and was why I chose LA Tan. If for any reason I had to change brands I would go with Nouvatan while redoing the trial to ensure nothing had changed with my clients expectations and the solutions performances.

The only way you will know which solution is best for you and your clients is to get samples and try them. In my area nobody wants a glow (8%) but in other places 8% is the most popular tan, so what solution works for me in my area wouldn't work for others in their area because of different client expectations.

Latest posts

Back