spray tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly!!

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I know there is alot of threads with regards this topic of late so sorry if its a bit repeatative but please help a fellow geek do her sums!

how many full body spray tans do you get to 1 litre of fluid?

many thanks

Hi Geeks

I know there is alot of threads with regards this topic of late so sorry if its a bit repeatative but please help a fellow geek do her sums!

how many full body spray tans do you get to 1 litre of fluid?

many thanks

I have found that you use 50ml per full body spray tan, but I do also find that you need to put at least 100ml in the bottle as the funnel doesnt go all the way to the bottom! (does that make sense)

Hi there

I too find that 45-50ml per person is average, you might find that until you get used to your pray machine you use a bit more. Once you've mastered it, 20 tans per litre is about right.

Good luck and happy tanning!

I have done 28 tans out of this bottle so far and there is still more left! 1ltr bottle btw

Not sure how, as my clients arent small - but 28 it is (I keep a tally on the bottle, to help me guage when I will need a new one).

hi, I get about 20 tans out of my bottle. I use the sienna x 1 litre, using the gun but when I airbrushed I got alot more. :)

Normally I get between 22-24 out of a litre of solution. I get double the amount out of mine than my friend who uses St Tropez and that is because St Tropez say to do two coats, I do not need to do two coats with my solution as I don't think you do with some others like Tantrick.

I do find that you need to put at least 100ml in the bottle as the funnel doesnt go all the way to the bottom!)

I found this too, and fouind it annoying when i ahve just one client...(using my mini-mist anyway, have no problem with my airbrush). But came across a fab method of reducing the amount needed...and saves a lot of the hassle cleaning the bottle.

You know the 50-75ml bottles that a lot of tanning companies use for samples, well they fit perfectly inside the mini-mist bottle, raising the bottom by a few mm, and narrowing the bottle. And they usually hold the perfect amount for a tan. When you've finished you simply fish out the empty bottle and rinse....and pop another one in with clean water for rinsing through your gun.

Sorry, off topic slightly but a good tip, I think

Normally I get between 22-24 out of a litre of solution. I get double the amount out of mine than my friend who uses St Tropez and that is because St Tropez say to do two coats, I do not need to do two coats with my solution as I don't think you do with some others like Tantrick.

Thought you did need 2 coats with Tantrick, but applied at the same time? Can a Tantrick geek comment...its been one of the only things putting me off so far.

Hiya

Yes, you do need 2 coats with Tantrick, but I still easily get 20 tans per litre, and one of my customers is so-oo tiny, I get 3 tans for her out of 100ml!

A tan takes about 10-15 minutes to do, btw!

I found this too, and fouind it annoying when i ahve just one client...(using my mini-mist anyway, have no problem with my airbrush). But came across a fab method of reducing the amount needed...and saves a lot of the hassle cleaning the bottle.

You know the 50-75ml bottles that a lot of tanning companies use for samples, well they fit perfectly inside the mini-mist bottle, raising the bottom by a few mm, and narrowing the bottle. And they usually hold the perfect amount for a tan. When you've finished you simply fish out the empty bottle and rinse....and pop another one in with clean water for rinsing through your gun.

Sorry, off topic slightly but a good tip, I think

I use the minimist so you will have to show me this trick when we come over.

Thought you did need 2 coats with Tantrick, but applied at the same time? Can a Tantrick geek comment...its been one of the only things putting me off so far.

Yes i do put two coats on with Tantrick but one straight after the other.

Still only use 50 ml though - do you use less solution then Lyndsay - which solution are you using.

thanks for all these replys i know what to aim for now

many thanks

I've used different solutions and have got 20 - 22 tans per bottle, that's applying it twice to ensure the tan is even and no patches etcxxx

I use the minimist so you will have to show me this trick when we come over.

Yes i do put two coats on with Tantrick but one straight after the other.

Still only use 50 ml though - do you use less solution then Lyndsay - which solution are you using.

Am currently using Celebrity Secrets with my mini-mist, or Rejuvetan with my airbrush (I use my airbrush for contouring or for a few regulars that started with the airbrush and don't like the mini-mist...they find it cold!). I love Rejuvetan so much but I have to buy it in from the States and its a pain in the butt to do so, so I'm not always keen on using it for that reason. I use about 50 ml per tan with each of these solutions, but they only require one coat each.

I had a sample of Tantrick 10% - absolutely loved the colour, but found the 50ml sample wasn't enough for 2 coats, and my test model (OK, it was Graeme!) looked a bit pale still...more like an very light 8% with other shades...hence my concern at having to use more solution than with other solutions. Maybe my mini-mist was set at too higher spray setting, but then there wasn't much overspray. Who knows??

I've done the rounds lately with samples....keep trying to find the "perfect" solution, but I'm now convinced it doesn't exist! Maybe I'm too picky, but generally if I like the guide colour, I detest the end result, and if I like the end result, it fades badly or something!! Grrr!:grr:

You know the 50-75ml bottles that a lot of tanning companies use for samples, well they fit perfectly inside the mini-mist bottle, raising the bottom by a few mm, and narrowing the bottle. And they usually hold the perfect amount for a tan. When you've finished you simply fish out the empty bottle and rinse....and pop another one in with clean water for rinsing through your gun.Sorry, off topic slightly but a good tip, I think

This is exactly what I do, I have a 50 ml bottle inside my minimist plastic cup and it is great, just change the bottle over when finished.

I had a sample of Tantrick 10% - absolutely loved the colour, but found the 50ml sample wasn't enough for 2 coats, and my test model (OK, it was Graeme!) looked a bit pale still...more like an very light 8% with other shades...hence my concern at having to use more solution than with other solutions. Maybe my mini-mist was set at too higher spray setting, but then there wasn't much overspray. Who knows??

I've done the rounds lately with samples....keep trying to find the "perfect" solution, but I'm now convinced it doesn't exist! Maybe I'm too picky, but generally if I like the guide colour, I detest the end result, and if I like the end result, it fades badly or something!! Grrr!:grr:

I have never compared the Tantrick 10% with another 10% but i do sometimes focus on some areas of the body more than others depending on what the client wants. I do find that alot of people on here say their clients like the 8% but I am wondering if I am spraying that one too light cause most of my clients want darker than 8%.

I dont think there is one solution that is suited to all though - fade can be great on one client and not on another so it is hard to find the happy medium.

I dont think there is one solution that is suited to all though - fade can be great on one client and not on another so it is hard to find the happy medium.

Your defintely right with that...what suits one person can be awful on the next...the thing is Graeme normally goes black even if he is just in the same building a spray gun...dontcha just hate people like that!

I'll happily send you a Celebrity Secrets 10% sample if you want hun...for comparison purposes? Let me know and I'll root out a bottle.

Just read and re-read your message Zingara re putting a 50ml bottle inside the minimist solution part of the gun. What a great idea! didn't quite get what you meant at first, not good a visualising things!!

Anyway will give that a try. Hope you are all well!! xx

Its a really good idea using a 50ml bottle . Where would I get a 50ml bottle from??
Thanks. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Ok, I did another tan last night, so that brings it to 29 full bodies from this bottle so far and there is 250ml left over.

Couture only requires one 'coat' and I am yet to find someone that it doesn't suit......

I have used the same % solution on my Mum (Irish red head, aka Very Fair), my Dad who is Asian and every shade of client in between - they have all looked amazing.

Latest posts

Back