Spray Tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeckyH

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anybody uses St.Tropez for their spray tans. Im wanting to train soon in spray tanning but not sure who with yet. Heard great reviews about tantrick but just thought Id check out St.Tropez as Ive used this stuff myself and also found this to be good.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks x

I haven't used this on my clients but i have had plenty myself from a salon. After using other products, its more or less at the bottom of my list.

Do a search on here there are a few polls kicking about!

Hope you find the best one.

xxx

Last edited:
I started off with St Tropez and to be honest it just didn't work for my clients... I had complaints with clients looking orange. I tried a few more before finally finding Tantrick and never looked back. It works for me and I don't get complaints from my clients ,... been using it 4 years now.

Send for some samples from different companies and give them a go before you decide. :hug:

I've had one St Tropez, and I'd never have one again! It actually nearly put my off the whole idea of ever having a spray tan again, ever!

I looked so daft, I'm usually very pale and when it was finished developing I look so orange. When it faded I was left with big patches of white whilst some were still orange!

A salesman at work had one last week on a Thursay, it looked bad Friday morning but by Friday evening he looked even worse, almost like it had been developing during the day or something! xx

Im not overly keen on st tropez. We used it in a salon that i worked in, and it seems to be nice on an olive skin/dark hair type complexion, but terrible on a fairer skin! It smelt nice though:lol:

It smelt nice though:lol:

Indeed it does.. and the exfoliator for the manual application is gorgeous..I have been known to use this for pre spray tans on my clients as it is a lovely product, its just a pitty the tan isn't up to the hype it gets. :hug:

Thanks for that guys,

Ive never actually had a spray tan, shamefully I must admit that I use sunbeds :o (only because it solves my acne) and obviously spray tans would just aggrivate my very sensitive skin. But I did once borrow a friends bottle of St.Tropez and it looked nice, I am quite olive skinned though so maybe thats why. I think tantrick seems to be the general consesus. I just thought with St.Tropez being so well known that would attract customers.
Does anybody use anotherwell known one, Fake Bake?
Thanks x

hi I also used St tropez when I first started out tanning but found I was not getting good feedback or repeat custom, si I changed to sienna x and my clients come back. everyone is so happy with the colour and it does last along time. wish I had used sienna x to start with.

Has anybody used Tantrick and Sienna X?? Would like to know if anybody knows the better of the two. x

hi becky

i was between st tropez and tantrick and the more research i did the more i found that there were as many negative experiences and things being said about st tropez as there were positive so having a big brand like st tropez could be positive but also have a negative affect as its well known

i went with tantrick and everyone has i have tanned thus far has returned

sorry i have no experience of sienna for you

its tough trying to ensure you make the right decision but you are the only one that can make the decision - maybe try them both out and see how you feel about them babe, also how the companies themselves treat you as a customer is just as important

there are oodles of threads on here as others have said there is also one on what to look for when choosing a spray tan brand ... sorry cant remember the heading - sassy hassy did the thread babe if it helps with searching

kx

I had a St Tropez tan, this was my first ever spray tan and it really put me off them. Im glad now that I did have another tan using different products though. But I would never use St Tropez again - I was orange!!!!!!!!! xxx

Oh and I now use Sienna X which I love, but have never used Tantrick so cant comment on them. Plenty of people use Tantrick on thsi forum though and think very highly of them x

Thanks for that everyone, I will certainly have a look for that thread Karren.
Greatly Appreciated x

Has anybody used Tantrick and Sienna X?? Would like to know if anybody knows the better of the two. x

Jaffacake has used both, give her a pm, im sure she would be able to offer an opinion:hug:

I have used both sienna and tantrick
tantrick is 10 times better than sienna,
when i used sienna and forgot to wear a glove (often) when spraying, the next day the skin on my hand would all shed just like a snake skin and the tan only ever lasted 4 or 5 days,
now i use tantrick i have no problems with the skin on my hand when i forget to wear a glove (it just goes brown lol) and my clients all get around 10 days from their tans hth
i will do you a spray tan with tantrick for half price so you get to see what it is like if you want to take me up on the offer,
I'm in west yorkshire too

Last edited:
I have used both sienna and tantrick
tantrick is 10 times better than sienna

I have to disagree :green: I have used both, trained with Tantrick and just swapped to Sienna X and my clients are loving it! I think it is more natural looking personally and my tan is lasting over a week which isn't bad at all. I have had far more repeat bookings since I swapped over than I ever had before, the solution is cheaper and the customer service is fab! have to say the tantrick customer service seems to have improved since Collins been around though so thats good!

I didnt like the way the Tantrick faded on my hubby when we were on holiday, he was awful! and it wasnt like he wasnt moisturising every day because he was, and it wasnt a pool/sea holiday, it was Florida so more theme parks than anything else! I looked at him and thought OMG if all my clients look like that its a wonder any of them come back! :eek: that was the straw that broke the camels back for me and the reason I changed over (that and the needle saga that had already infuriated me!!) oh and not being able to see the colour guide but that was sorted out with a replacement bottle, too late for me though as i'd already tried the sienna and had great feedback from my clients so I carried on using it :green:

get samples of both and see which you prefer xx

i use st tropez in my salon, and myself and my clients all love it! we also sell alot of their retail products.
every one always compliments the tans we have and how natural they look, i ve never had a problem with it being orange, maybe its the application of the therapist?
we also stock and airbrush fake bake which is also great, but darker!

I do st stropez and fake bake spray tans- and I have never had anyone said they looked orange

Hi there,
Just wanted to let you know about my experiences.

Yes , Tantrick is good and that is what I trained with, I honestly thought nothing out there could beat it!....until I discovered Liquid sun by Vanity. Its amazing. Not only is it a spray tan its also a skin treatment in one! Has moisturizing and skin firming properties along with being 99% natural based.
Its from Australia and is huge over there, hasnt been in Uk that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Sienna X and I find the colour is fantastic all my clients love it and once I sprayed a couple of the girls I work with in the hairdressers everybody commented and I had loads of bookings as they were really impressed. I was told the tan would last 3-5 days but all of my clients have found it has lasted just over a week. I forget to wear gloves and I have never found it affects my hands. I love this product and it smells gorgeous! Which is a big plus.
Good luck in whatever product you use, I'm sure you'll love spraytanning.

Latest posts

Back