Spray tents or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicz1234

Reaction score
Hi,
Does everyone use pop up tents for spray tans or something else? Just as I am looking at them they seem awful pricy for a tent and also wondering whether the tent makes it darker and harder to see where you are spraying? Also Does anyone find it abit of a squeeze or what? Let me know thanks

Nic xx

Are you talking about doing it mobile or in a salon? They are good if you're mobile and I used a couple of spotlights clipped on. Now I have a salon I do them in a shower!!

Hiya I got my tent from Suntana very good price its bronze in colour and has a clear roof and window's on the sides lets in lots of light.

hth

cassi

As Sassy has said if you are salon based and have a designated cubicle shower etc then you wouldn't need one but if you are considering mobile then it is an essential part of your kit for a few reasons firstly and foremost it will protect your clients furnishings and home from any over spray causing staining secondly it creates a little privacy for your client mine has a zip up front to enable the client to undress in private, I do carry a clip on spot light with me to use in homes with poor lighting but most of the time lighting isn't a prob. HTH

I don't do spray tanning yet, but would have thought of this as an essential item! At around £130 or less this isn't that expensive ... certainly when you consider the cost of cleaning a clients furnishings, room etc if you sprayed without one! Or even just your time cleaning if spraying in a salon and you didn't have a suitable space.

Mat

I find the tanning pop up tent large, easy to put up and down and no I don't find it harder to see. I have a floor standing lamp which I point on to the body. I did consider whether it was wise for me at that time and did consider a shower base etc. I am glad I got the tent because I can hide it away when not in use and I have it now 41/2 years, as good as the day it was bought.

Thanks for all your comments. Yes I am thinking along the mobile route, I am not stupid I did not intend on going to peoples houses and spraying all over the place and gettin spray all over there furnishings, just wondered if there was an alternative for cheaper. However seems from you peeps that there doesn't seem to be a down side and appreciate your comments. Can you advise me which tent you all find the best and most spacious.

Thanks Nic xx

I think they are all quite similar. I got mine from Tantrick and i think it was around 75.00 it has a clear roof and windows so good for light. folds straight up and down and has plenty space.

I like the idea of clip on lights, does any1 know where i coukld get some?

I got mine (+ whole kit) from SiennaX. The tents about £100 on its own and its worth it. Really spacious with a see through roof! Really confusing to put away though :S

Be careful using lamps with your tents,
if you get any spray on them they can explode :hug:

Hi there
I thought I'd read previously here that someone actually sprays clients in their own home shower when doing mobile and then just simply showering away excess from tiles/shower curtain therefore a tanning tent wasn't necessary?? unless I was imagining it!

June:confused:

Be careful using lamps with your tents,
if you get any spray on them they can explode :hug:

Maybe i should leave the lights then lol

Hi there
I thought I'd read previously here that someone actually sprays clients in their own home shower when doing mobile and then just simply showering away excess from tiles/shower curtain therefore a tanning tent wasn't necessary?? unless I was imagining it!

June:confused:

Sam does this, impulse1976 :hug:

Sam does this, impulse1976 :hug:

Yes i have started to do this as i dont get on with my tent :)

I have a client on Thursday and two on Friday so people are ok with this. Whilst they are drying off i just clean the shower for them. I have reduced my prices because i want to use up my solution that i have and it seems to be working and i am gaining more confidence with my tanning now. I have seen a screen on ebay which kind of opens out with a floor on it and it folds up into a square rather than the dreaded pop up tent.

Anyone interested in buying mine? Its only been used about 10 times, the bag zip is broken but apparantly this happens to all of them. It is in excellent condition its just i dont get on with it. It needs lots of practice :)

Glad to hear people actually know what I am on about lol. What size of lamps you guys use then. Big stand up ones or the llittle ones. And what wattage?

nic xx

Latest posts

Back