Spraying 12 hours apart

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspired

Reaction score
I'm going to tan someone one day & then the next. Firstly can I tan them before 12 hours, say 8 hours? And secondly, do they wash the guide colour off the first tan before I spray for a second time or does it not make any difference? Thanks x

Why are u spraying someone twice? X

When you do a double dip tan (a tan then another tan 24 - 48 hours later) you spray the first tan then allow it to develop and wash off the guide colour and reveal the colour of the developed tan.

Ensure that all the guide is completley washed off and the skin is free of all products and ready for the next tan.

Spray the client again and allow to fully develop and wash off again to reveal the full colour of the double dipped tan.

Why would u tan them twice? Would u not be better using a higher percentage on the first tan. Have you tried it before? I think the fade of would be really bad xxxx

She usually has a double dip tan, just not with me. She likes to be dark, dark dark! She has 14% over a day or so. The 20% isn't dark enough apparently! Thank you, Baggybear.

A double dip tan would be no more at risk of going patchy or fading badly as having a single high DHA tan as the sprays are done so close together both tans are on freshly prepared skin.

It is VERY important for the prep & aftercare to be done correctly but that is no different to having a high DHA tan.

Double dip tans have been around for a LONG time, they were the way people had a really dark tan before the higher DHA solutions were brought out.

If your client is used to double dip tans than she will know all about the importance of prep & aftercare and so all should be fine.

I think it is (for the client) an expensive way to go about it all-but if that's what she is willing to pay for its no skin off ur nose, we had a client ask for this but as the tan we use is already dark she cancelled her 2nd tan. But I guess not all tans are as dark.

Personally (as a customer) I couldn't be bothered with sitting in tan for two days lol.
Xx

If the client feels that a 20% tan is not dark enough, then there is not a lot more you can do but to do a double dip tan, as there is nothing higher than a 20% solution available.

Latest posts

Back