Spree books (coupon book)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandywine

Reaction score
In my area we have a book (called Spree) which is sold as a fundraiser for local schools, cub groups etc. It's full of coupons for all sorts of things (restaurants, cinema, etc) and is free for businesses to join.

How it works is that the local school keeps most of the profit from the book, people who buy the book get money off (or extra benefits)on thousands of things and the businesses in the book are supposed to get their name out in the local community and free advertising.

I'm thinking of joining it for next year, as it seems like a really good way of getting new clients and just wondered if anyone else has done anything similar in their area?

Thanks. x

In my area we have a book (called Spree) which is sold as a fundraiser for local schools, cub groups etc. It's full of coupons for all sorts of things (restaurants, cinema, etc) and is free for businesses to join.

How it works is that the local school keeps most of the profit from the book, people who buy the book get money off (or extra benefits)on thousands of things and the businesses in the book are supposed to get their name out in the local community and free advertising.

I'm thinking of joining it for next year, as it seems like a really good way of getting new clients and just wondered if anyone else has done anything similar in their area?

Thanks. x

well i've not heard of that sort of thing before, but it does sound like a good idea.
people are more likely to try something for the first time if they can get it at alower price.
if its free to join the scheme and advertise then i dont see that there is any thing to loose.

We have a similar voucher book in Bristol, costs about £10 to buy, although it's only full of the big companies, like the cinema places, Pizza Hut, SubWay, MacDonalds, Burger King and days out for kids type things.

I've never seen any local small businesses in it.

It's well worth having though because you can save loads of money using it.....keep it in the glovebox in the car.

As Angel said, if it's free why not give it a try.

Kind of - off the subject here but a similar idea..

I worked in a salon about 14 years ago (OMG) and a company approached them where they printed a whole brochure (salons name details etc) and you had to give away certain treatments (3 sunbeds - lash tint - basic facial - blow dry) but also discount the more expensive treatments (i.e 10% of nails or advanced facial etc).

The company then sold the brochures to loads of potentials in the town centre for about £24.95 the target was to sell about 50 but they ended up selling 150.

We were rushed off out feet. Great idea. About half became regulars.

It got me onto thinking that it could easily be produced yourself and sold yourself (so that you got the revenue instead of the company) And new clients to the salon.

Just a thought. I know lots of resteraunts use this idea too.

Well I've decided to go ahead and join the spree book. I don't have to pay anything, just give 20% off vouchers. I've missed this years new book, so I'm being put on their website for people who have brought the spree book to print out and use. I look forward to seeing if I get any new custom this way.

They used to have books like that in London (several years ago mind), but so far as I'm aware, they no longer exist down here.

Latest posts

Back