St Tropez - no samples so try the Boots version in your machine??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M00min

Reaction score
Before I trained in spray tanning I started contacting all the different suppliers for samples/price info etc and can happily say that most were a joy to deal with.

I waited MONTHS to get any info from St Tropez, and now I've been trained and have my kit, am keen to try a sample. I've had a St Tropez spray tan myself in the past and was really pleased with it.

Now maybe I caught her on a bad day but the local rep I spoke to just sounded in foul mood, told me St Tropez don't do samples and to go to Boots and buy St Tropez bronzing mist and put that through my machine to try it!! She didn't even offer a demo or anything.

I'm just a bit shocked and was wondering what other Geeks' experiences are with dealing with St Tropez.

Thanks x

I would go with a different supplier if they spoke to me like that, no matter how good the product.
I would also escalate this to a manager.
I wonder if their focus is now on retail rather on salons?

Well just rang the head office and they confirmed what she told me! They stopped doing samples about a year ago, have had complaints, have reviewed it but have no immediate plans to reinstate them. The reason he gave was cost, but I did explain that I don't mind paying for sample sizes.

Now the smallest size they do is a gallon! I said why would I spend several hundred pounds on a product I hadn't tried, and the guy said, well if you go to Boots etc etc...!

So I said "If a consumer can go to Boots and buy what you're saying is as a good a product as your spray tan, then what's the point in me offering it as a service?" He replied they sold it in Boots as some people don't like spray tans or something.

I just left it at that point. Really can't believe my ears lol x

They must changed their procedure as we had a rep out a few years ago who deomonstrated the tan for us before we purchased a st tropez booth. However the bronzing mist at boots or debenhams (sometimes even TK Maxx) is identical to the bronzing mist that you buy for spray tanning so that would be a true trial but i don't see why they can't send you a free bottle of it as they sell it trade anyway in that size for retail.

For retail the bronzing mist isn't great as it is a pump bottle so not easy to use and the mousse or bronzing spray(aerosol) are much more popular.

I used to sing from the rooftops about St. Tropez, but unfortunately I think they've just got too big for their boots now. Almost like they do not need salon input into their business now, one example of that is no longer visiting beauty shows.

If thats what they want to do then leave them to it.. I regularly bought their products, admittedly, not the largest orders but hey, I'd always have people asking about my tan and what brand it was. Now I've swapped brands.

Their loss.

I thought of sampling St.tropez mainly because in my area people go largely on name, most people ring up because I offer Fake Bake but eventually I would say 75% of them I have converted to Organics.

I thought St.Tropez would get more people in, and I actually like St.Tropez on myself.

After hearing this I may do a re think!!

I too have used st tropez for years, but their customer service is the worst i have come across!:grr:

Their tan is expensive, and you have to use double the amount as you have to do two coats.

I wish I had never bought their machine!!

In my opinion there are so many better tans and much better customer service!:)

Latest posts

Back