St Tropez not mentioned much on here??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen47

Reaction score
I am just about to go for St Tropez spray tan solution and training etc, any opinions on this company and colour before I leap in ! x

I am just about to go for St Tropez spray tan solution and training etc, any opinions on this company and colour before I leap in ! x

I have been St Tropez for 9 years and still love this product.

It has never streaked or turned an orange colour.

Clients are never going to be shocked by how dark they are which is often the first question I am asked.

I also stock Nouvatan for the much younger clients who want to be much darker!!!!

Although St Tropez have just launched their 'dark' solution and I am about to trial this on my model.

Hope this helps.

Jacqui xx

i too use st. tropez and love it. i think it gives a lovely sunkissed look.

i got the new dark st tropez and wow it is dark. i normally get 2 coats of the regular but only did 1 coat of the dark and that was dark. 2 coats would have made me look ridiculous ....
i would go for the dark 1 now over the regular myself. you would need plenty of moisturiser though as because of the higher dha it is much more drying on the skin
i also use he-shi which is irish but is being launched in scotland soon through euro products, it's a good alternative.

I dont like it, its quite orange I find and the customer service is one of the worst :D

I have been St Tropez for 9 years and still love this product.

It has never streaked or turned an orange colour.

Clients are never going to be shocked by how dark they are which is often the first question I am asked.

I also stock Nouvatan for the much younger clients who want to be much darker!!!!

Although St Tropez have just launched their 'dark' solution and I am about to trial this on my model.

Hope this helps.

Jacqui xx

I second everything Jacqui has said. The salon I work in uses it and we've never had a complaint about the colour or any streaks.

It actually contains a green pigment so apparently it can never go orange because green combats orange. Whether its true or not, St Tropez is fab. I'd get it for my salon if they'd hurry up and launch their mobile version. But I'm settled on Nouvatan now and looking forward to buying it all now.

Only downside with St. Tropez is that they're quite tight with pos material, you have to spend a lot to get the posters, brochures etc but it's fine if you're willing to pay for them or if you need a big order then you get more pos.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll love it!

I'm a st tropez advocate also. I do spray tans with a diff product but have st tropez on my price lists. I trained in them 12 years ago, and still think that it's the best out there when applied correctly.

Thanks everyone, I think I will go for it, I like the fact it has a good strong name as well. xx

We used st tropez but have changed to black magic in salon. I use oz tan I had a tan with the st tropez and it was a ok colour bit orange on me the thing I hated was the fade off. It was blotchy and underarms went white in only a few days. The other tans we use are beautiful for fade off. Oztan fades gradually till it's just not there anymore it's also a 1 hr tan and beautiful olive tones. Not sure if you could get them in uk as they are both small Ozzie companies.

\i've been using St Tropez since i started and love it and find its the one colour i can say out of trying nearly all of them that is never orange it doesn't even have a slight tinge i always get a beautiful sunkissed colour.

As one of the other posters says their customer service is the worst by far they are incredibly unpleasant all the time and sadly this side does let them down but my clients love st tropez and ive also started to use Xen Tan by request as it is a simillar colour but is a tad darker so my clients prefer this one for events.

I second everything Jacqui has said. The salon I work in uses it and we've never had a complaint about the colour or any streaks.

It actually contains a green pigment so apparently it can never go orange because green combats orange. Whether its true or not, St Tropez is fab. I'd get it for my salon if they'd hurry up and launch their mobile version. But I'm settled on Nouvatan now and looking forward to buying it all now.

Only downside with St. Tropez is that they're quite tight with pos material, you have to spend a lot to get the posters, brochures etc but it's fine if you're willing to pay for them or if you need a big order then you get more pos.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll love it!

They do cater for mobile techs like my self!!

St Tropez has never caught my interest, either to be sprayed with or to spray others because I've seen far too many orange ladies who like that look, not for me :s

Personally I don't like St Tropez, each to their own though.
Rhiannon x

Latest posts

Back